Not logged in. · Lost password · Register

All posts by praveen (4)

topic: Reducing the number of files  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
praveen #1
User title: pc
Member since Dec 2006 · 4 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
I found that many of the plugins contain lot of language files. After deleting all but the English (en) I now reduced the total number of files to 942. What are the ways I can reduce the size of data/ directory ?
topic: Reducing the number of files  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
praveen #2
In reply to post ID 1723
If I do

$ find . -type f | wc -l

In the different directories

bin: 4
conf: 19
data: 385
inc: 156
lib: 624
praveen #3
In reply to post ID 1721
Thanks for the tip. I use syntax highlighting but I can delete most of the files since I will be using only a few programming languages. Any other files that are dispensable ?
praveen
praveen #4
Subject: Reducing the number of files
I have limited disk space and file quota (limit of 5000 files, dokuwiki was taking up ~2500 files) on my web hosting service. How can I reduce the size and number of files in the dokuwiki installation ? I have deleted all the language files except English (directory en/). Is this OK ? What else can I delete without affecting the working on the wiki ?
pc
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Special characters:
Special queries
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-12-14, 08:23:05 (UTC +01:00)