Not logged in. · Lost password · Register

All posts by maxigs (6)

topic: Maintenace Example wrong?  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
maxigs #1
Member since Jan 2007 · 6 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Maintenace Example wrong?
The Example Scripts for maintenace here:
http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:tips:maintenance#keeping_p…
dont seem to make much sense to me, since the example path do not really lead to the wanted data.
Plus its not mentioned that you first have to create a backup of what you want to be restored periodicaly.

cp -rpf /path/to/savedwiki/data/playground/playground.txt /path/to/dokuwiki/data/playground/
cp -rpf /path/to/savedwiki/data/wiki/ /path/to/dokuwiki/data/wiki/

plus data/wiki is wrong anyway -> must be data/pages/wiki since this is the structure of the wiki ;)

I'm not 100% sure so i'd rather ask here then editing it.
topic: Heavy Amazon Plugin  in the forum: General Help and Support Plugins
maxigs #2
In reply to post ID 580
good to hear i'm not just to stupid to find it.

been searching for maybe 1hr on the site yesterday and signed up with the hope its only visible if you are logged in - nothing.

just copying both of the files in does not work and since in the installation manual it says there is a package it should be available somehow also.

i would almost suggest to remove it from the plugin overview, since it does not seem to be possible to get the plugin anyway.
topic: Two DokuWiki installations with same Data possible?  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
maxigs #3
In reply to post ID 1805
ok i did it like this now:

i have a "global" data directory now in which the data for both of the wikis is stored.

for one wiki this data path is the standard path (the new one since the old one is going to be shut down)
for the other wiki i mapped the needed folders with symlinks onto the new paths in the old directories.

so far seems to work perfektly.

thanks a lot for you help
topic: Two DokuWiki installations with same Data possible?  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
maxigs #4
In reply to post ID 1779
I did not know i could specify the different folders (like cache) seperataly but like this is might work

Alternatively leave $conf['savedir'] at the default and only specify those directories which you need to be common.

And which ones would this be? Thats what i wanted to try in the first place just with different approach.
maxigs #5
In reply to post ID 1775
Quote by koko:
It should be possible. All you have to do is to set the variable '$conf['savedir']' (default: './data') change in the new place.

That definately does not work well - i already tried it ;)

Setting the whole data-directory on the old one wont work well since the cached pages are not working in the new wiki. The Links lead  to the old wiki since in the cache they are generated that way.

So i guess the caches have to be left out in the linking, thats why i was thinking to sym-link the other directories virtually.
maxigs #6
Subject: Two DokuWiki installations with same Data possible?
Hello,

i would like to set up a second installation of dokuwiki that is using the same data as a already present installation.

I think this should be quite easy to set up, since it should only be some symbolic-links in the data directory of the new wiki to the matching folders of the present wiki.
But i'm not sure which of the folders have to be linked to work.

_cache -> ?
attic -> ?
cache -> no, since the new wiki has to phrase the pages itself to create working links
locks -> i guess yes, since if a page is edited in one wiki it should be looked in the other one as well
media -> yes
meta -> ?
pages -> definately sice it is the contet

Or am i completely wrong and it wont work at all?

Would be great if someone could help me with this. Thanks a lot.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Special characters:
Special queries
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2020-04-02, 21:44:32 (UTC +02:00)