Not logged in. · Lost password · Register

All posts by sjoerd (9)

topic: New version on it's way  in the forum: Community dokuwiki.org
sjoerd #1
Member since Mar 2010 · 9 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: New version on it's way
Hi, somehow, mysteriously, my dokuwiki installation broke: https://www.getshifting.com/wiki/index.php

This is of an old version, so I thought to upgrade to the latest version instead of fixing it. I noticed however that the current stable build is already over a year old. Does anyone know when the next release is planned?

Thanx
Sjoerd Hooft
topic: MySQL problems  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
sjoerd #2
In reply to post ID 52693
Hi Andi,

in the documentation I can see this line:
If you set 'forwardClearPass' to 1 the backend expects the database to do the crypting. It will forward the clear text password to the database. Be aware of the security risk.

I understood this as that purely the encryption is done by the sql backend, not the password check. But as I am not a MySQL expert I might have misunderstood. But even then, it is impossible that my mysql backend would give back a ok towards the dokuwiki frontend as I don't even know how I would have done that. So I'm still not sure where this went wrong, as I see it access would have never been allowed as the passwords were wrong.

But again, I'm no mysql expert so I am sure I did a lot wrong. Really happy to have this working.
This post was edited on 2016-06-26, 15:11 by sjoerd.
topic: MySQL problems  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
sjoerd #3
In reply to post ID 52683
OK, I figured it out but I reaaly think there is a bug.

My problem: I didn't define the correct aliases for my password field. After redoing the sql config from scratch with the correct aliases it started working correctly.

The bug:
desc: if you have a faulty mysql auth setup (everything works except password checking) and enable forwardClearPass you can logon by just knowing the username. If that user is part of the admin group you get admin permissions as well.

If someone is interested I still have the mysql.conf.php that enables this... feature.
sjoerd #4
In reply to post ID 52676
ok, this is more serious than I thought. If you set forwardClearPass to 1, you can enter any value for the password and it logs you in. This looks seriously broken...
sjoerd #5
Well, I solved problem 2 as well. Apparently you need multiple usergroup rows per user. Needed to update my database design a little but it works now.

I will create a little bit more extensive documentation on this topic and post a link to it from here.
sjoerd #6
Well problem one is mysteriously solved. I decided to test all encryption methods, started with md5... and logged in. Checked settings and a different user... I can logon now.

Continue with problem 2.
sjoerd #7
Subject: MySQL problems
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to configure MySQL authentication for my wiki but having a few problems and questions.

- Problem 1: Encryption of the password is not working. I have the passwords stored in the users table with an md5 hash. If I keep the $conf['plugin']['authmysql']['forwardClearPass'] = 0; I can't logon. I tried with the smd5 and the md5 options but both don't work. The password in the table is stored using the "(md5($fpassword))" php option. If I set the option for clearpassword and enter the encrypted password from the table, logon is succesful so I'm pretty sure I need a different encryption method. Does anyone know which one would be the correct one? Or is something else wrong?

- Problem 2:
I get this line (debug set to 2): authmysql cando: addUser: yes | delUser: yes | modLogin: yes | modPass: yes | modName: yes | modMail: yes | modGroups: yes | getUsers: yes | getUserCount: yes | getGroups: no | external: no | logout: yes | [auth.php:110]. It says getGroups: no and external: no. Is this a problem? Right now I only have the default "user group" but I will need a second group for admins. I had to change some of the table columns names because the database already existed before starting to use it and I really can't change it.
The statement in my mysql.conf.php file is now:
$conf['plugin']['authmysql']['getGroups']   = "SELECT groupname as `group`
                                               FROM groups g, users u, usergroup ug
                                               WHERE u.userid = ug.userid
                                               AND g.groupid = ug.groupid
                                               AND u.username='%{user}'";

Let's start with these 2 now. I also can't work with groups yet but that might have something to do with problem nr2. Can anyone help me out here? Please let me know if any other information is needed.
topic: Broken 'edit' function  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
sjoerd #8
In reply to post ID 18247
Hi everyone,

the problem I've had below is still around. I have a second website and that one has the same problem. It really looks like this problem: http://www.dokuwiki.org/faq:largepage  , but with help of the hosting people I set the memory limit and some other php settings to this:

display_errors = On
memory_limit = -1
max_execution_time = 0
log_errors = on
error_log = /home/vhosts/5p-it.com/httpdocs/error_log
error_reporting = 2147483647

What I see now is that there are no php errors. So... in my opinion, it doesn't seem like a php problem. Am I wrong? Is there anything else that could be the problem?

I really would appreciate some input, since I really like dokuwiki, but this is causing me big problems... Please help!

Thanx
topic: Broken 'edit' function  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
sjoerd #9
Subject: Broken 'edit' function
Hi everyone,

I'm using dokuwiki for some time now, and until now very satisfied. Since a few weeks I'm experiencing problems with the editing of pages.

This is what happens: I want to edit something, so I click edit. I make the change and click save. Then the browser says it's waiting for the website and does that until it times out, when I reopen the page (go back in the browser) the changes are lost.

What makes it more complex is that sometimes a page can be edited, while other pages cannot be edited. The only way I can fix a page is to copy it to a text editor, delete it, and upload the copied one through ftp. After that, I can edit the page again until it brakes again, which can be on the first try or any other try after that.

I tried editing complete pages, and I tried editing parts. I also tried to check the "minor change" checkmark but all these tries don't make a difference.

I just upgraded to dokuwiki-2009-12-25c, and that didn't help. I now also emptied the attic and the cache, and I'm still experiencing the same problem.

Please let me know if anyone knows what goes wrong here.

Thank you very much in advance.

Kind regards
Sjoerd
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Special characters:
Special queries
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-08-19, 16:49:36 (UTC +02:00)