Not logged in. · Lost password · Register

All posts by greybeard (5)

topic: wiki won't send mail  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
greybeard #1
Member since Jun 2010 · 5 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Oh happy me.  Found the settings for switfmail, configured them, WIKI sends mail.  Off to go do happy dance.  Thanks again.
topic: Lost admin password  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
greybeard #2
In reply to post ID 25561
Still working on getting my install to send e-mail successfully, so I cannot use "lost password" feature.

Editing the conf/users.auth.php has worked in the past, but does not work today with latest code release installed. 

Paths such as those mentioned earlier in this thread do not exist in my install:
/var/lib/dokuwiki/acl/users.auth.php
/etc/dokuwiki/users.auth.php

Is there a new procedure?

Latest status:
No idea why this didn't work yesterday, but now suddenly I'm in.  mind-boggling.  thanks for support guys.
This post was edited on 2011-09-04, 20:02 by greybeard.
topic: wiki won't send mail  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
greybeard #3
In reply to post ID 26715
yeah, I just discovered that.  it's renamed, now I need to configure it.  the "update" button is grayed out.
greybeard #4
In reply to post ID 26691
Thanks guys.  I appreciate the response.  I installed Splitbrain and while it appears on the installed plugins listing, I get this response when I try to drill in on the "info" button.

Plugin: splitbrain-dokuwiki-plugin-swiftmail-34f8ded
? Source::unknown
? Installed::unknown
This plugin returned no information, it may be invalid.

However, sending mail is only an issue because I was trying to get the WIKI to e-mail to me the administrator password, which I have (not very cleverly) lost.

I'm trying to use the procedure documented here:
http://forum.dokuwiki.org/thread/2778

Rather than changing topics in this e-mail thread, I'm going to post in that other thread as to what I have done and the results. 

thanks again.
greybeard #5
Subject: wiki won't send mail
I've looked at install and config articles.  How exactly is one to configure the wiki (Windows 2003) to send mail? thanks.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Special characters:
Special queries
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-10-16, 06:56:36 (UTC +02:00)