Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Page:  1  2  3  4  next 

All posts by molefunk (54)

topic: Hide page revisions from read-only users?  in the forum: General Help and Support Features and Functionality
molefunk #1
User title: molefunk
Member since Jul 2010 · 54 posts · Location: Mayapur, India
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Take a look at the Denyactions plugin.

Mvh Eivind
This post was edited on 2018-02-22, 11:56 by molefunk.
topic: How to use structsection plugin?  in the forum: General Help and Support Plugins
molefunk #2
In reply to post ID 59534
Can you explain why you want to migrate to Struct over Data?

First of all, I would like to separate the aggregation data and content. This way, I can keep content on GitHub for backup and editing in a different environment than DokuWiki. Secondly, it seems development on the Data plugin is stagnating, whereas Struct is very actively developed. So I guess we will see new features mainly on the Struct plugin.

However, working on 10,000 files in a text editor is a breeze, as I can just search and replace as I like. But I'm all up for learning SQL queries, if and when the pro's of Struct outweighs the con's. Exporting and importing via csv is of course an option. Still, the Data plugin is relatively easy to get into, so you could first check if that one fulfils your needs.

Preferably, if DokuWiki could parse multiple files as part of the page, then my issue could be solved in another way. I have been thinking about this not just for data entries, but also for meta, keywords, description, etc. that are part of the page, though hidden from visitors. So eg. mypage.txt and mypage.dat in the same folder would be parsed as one page, but could have different editing rights.

However, I'm going off topic here, but if any of the DW developers read this, it would be interesting to hear if you have any thoughts on the matter, or if the idea is not very good, or even if there are some existing solutions for my use case, if I made it clear enough.
topic: How to use structsection plugin?  in the forum: General Help and Support Plugins
molefunk #3
In reply to post ID 59511
I only briefly tried this plugin some time ago, and would also like a short explanation, if possible.

My thought was that you could make a struct entry like eg. pre="{{description>" and post="}}", being able to fill in the content via the struct panel in edit mode. The data would then would become a part of the page, not only for aggregation.

However, my use case is that I would like contributors to fill in title, description, notes, etc., without being able to directly edit the page. As such, the edit panel of the old data plugin seemed more user friendly than the newer struct fields at the bottom of the editor.

I would experiment more, but I initially found the workings of the struct plugin a bit complicated. With 10,000 pages relying on the data plugin, I'm also not in a hurry to migrate, although there are several reasons I would like to.
topic: Can you have individual sitemaps for namespaces?  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
molefunk #4
In reply to post ID 36794
I'm bumping this thread, as it is the only one I've found so far on subject matter.

Recently I uploaded 40,000 pages to my wiki (now totalling 70,000), and consequently Google Webmaster throws a warning.

"Your Sitemap contains too many URLs. Please create multiple Sitemaps with up to 50000 URLs each and submit all Sitemaps."

From the sitemap page I see there is a TODO of making it possible to specify namespaces in the sitemap generation link. I am wondering if this is still on the horizon, or if there is another way to generate multiple sitemaps.

Any help will be appreciated! :)
topic: New plugin: Pull-down menues for filtering datatable  in the forum: General Help and Support Plugins Plugin Wishlist
molefunk #5
In reply to post ID 56456
+1 that!

In my wiki I have a table with a few thousand entries. I don't want to show all filters on the page, so I've hidden them with the Folding plugin. Which forces the user to unfold several times for additional filters. Not the most elegant solution. Yesterday I was looking at the tagfilter plugin wishing that something like that was available for the data plugin, and seems I'm not the only one. :)
This post was edited 2 times, last on 2017-08-16, 18:20 by molefunk.
topic: Static page as dynamic url  in the forum: General Help and Support Features and Functionality
molefunk #6
Subject: Static page as dynamic url
I vaguely remember reading about this, but couldn't find it again. Perhaps it was in a dream...
Anyhow, I would like to ask if there is a way to make a static page display as a "dynamic url"?

For example, I want a page to appear as /book/chapter?longview. (This would show the full chapter, as opposed to segment-wise.)

Any pointers or ideas?
topic: Searching words without diacritics  in the forum: General Help and Support Features and Functionality
molefunk #7
In reply to post ID 56782
This would be a helpful feature. :) In our case, we also have other special needs for search, and will implement a separate search engine with this functionality. Right now we're looking into ElasticSearch, Solr and Sphinx.
topic: Plugin to list hidden pages?  in the forum: General Help and Support Plugins
molefunk #8
In reply to post ID 56762
Thanks! I know I skimmed through the DIR plugin page before, but there was nothing about hidden pages, and it seemed too complex for my needs. But after 10 minutes of testing, I'm positive that I will find many more uses for this plugin. :)
topic: Plugin to list hidden pages?  in the forum: General Help and Support Plugins
molefunk #9
Subject: Plugin to list hidden pages?
I have a namespace template: where I keep pages for inclusion in other pages (via the include plugin). The ACL for template is set to read for all, otherwise they will not display on those pages. As I don't want them to show up in search and sitemap for visitors, I have added ":template" to the hidepages config. But then they are not listed with plugins like nslist or simplenavi.

I would love for nslist to have an option to show hidden pages for people with editing rights for those pages, but before I post a GitHub enhancement request (that Andi likely doesn't have time to implement), I'm wondering if there is another plugin that can do the same? Or perhaps there is another way to achieve what I want?

edit: @Andi: I meant that you're busy with other more important matters. Thanks for all your service!
This post was edited on 2017-05-17, 15:16 by molefunk.
topic: I have finally posted more than Chi (It only took me 6.27 years)  in the forum: Offtopic Chit Chat
molefunk #10
In reply to post ID 56118
@ach: Congratulations, and thank you for the effort.

@turnermm: Mr. Turner, that's just great! :)
topic: How to set an ACL before page is created?  in the forum: General Help and Support Syntax and Usage
molefunk #11
In reply to post ID 56638
This one is a little tricky, indeed. But there are plugins that can help you achieve what you want:

* https://www.dokuwiki.org/plugin:userpagecreate (simple)
  * https://www.dokuwiki.org/plugin:userhomepage (complex)

With my ACL setup, the first plugin does pretty much what I need. Like Myron says, you can set up the ACL with wildcards. BTW, you can edit conf/acl.auth.php and add rules for pages that are not (yet) existing. This is my ACL setup for user pages:

user             @ALL    0
user:%USER%      %USER%  2
user:%USER%:*    %USER%  16
user:*           @ALL    0
user:*           @user   2

Explanation: I don't use start pages, so the first item "user" is my start page. This is where I list my users. This page is by default visible to everyone, so I have made it inaccessible to visitors. The second item is the user:alice page. The page is created automatically on user's first login via one of the aforementioned plugins, and Alice can edit, but not delete it (mainly to avoid all sorts of stuff being uploaded in the user: namespace). The third item is her own namespace, where she has all rights (delete). The two last items are for the user namespace, respectively "none" and "read".

Pardon the lengthy explanation, questions and corrections are appreciated.

Yours sincerely, Eivind

Ps. I'd be interested to know how your users/members will use their user pages, and what features logged in users have contra visitors. I'm planning a similar setup in regards to promotion of users to members, but so far my "features" are limited to Bookmarks and user pages for users, and editing rights in various sections for members.
topic: Commas in search queries  in the forum: General Help and Support Features and Functionality
molefunk #12
In reply to post ID 56703
Aww... Thanks for the effort, though. I really appreciate it! :-)

If any other DokuWiki gods are listening, where should I hack core to disable to replacement of the & sign for commas?
topic: Commas in search queries  in the forum: General Help and Support Features and Functionality
molefunk #13
In reply to post ID 56699
I'm still having problems. Even my breadcrumbs disappear in the latest version... Should I go hunting?
molefunk #14
In reply to post ID 56694
I first tried with copying, and when I saw the unexpected behaviour, I tried the renderer on its own.

It seems to only be affecting links with a search query. I'll give you one of my exact links, and if you don't see anything suspicious with this in your test, then I'm going plugin-huntin'!

[[books/mg/4?s[]=man,+to+deserve+the+name,+must+be+educated+to+understand+the+Absolute+Truth.#id9|Ch. 4]]
molefunk #15
In reply to post ID 56673
Thanks for the goodwill, Myron!

However, the plugin doesn't work as supposed. Instead, it just adds a question mark after every link. And speaking of renderer plugins, I'm already using Purplenumbers, so I have to add your code to that. (no big deal, just sayin'...)
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Special characters:
Page:  1  2  3  4  next 
Special queries
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-07-23, 13:44:26 (UTC +02:00)