Not logged in. · Lost password · Register

All posts by clauswobbe (4)

topic: Problem with Release 2011-11-10 "Angua RC1" "The mediaolddir ('media_attic') does not exist.."  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
clauswobbe #1
Member since Sep 2010 · 4 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: It worked! :-)
Wow - been away for a while. Now it works - I simply had to place the dirs in the right place. Quite embarassing :-)
topic: Problem with Release 2011-11-10 "Angua RC1" "The mediaolddir ('media_attic') does not exist.."  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
clauswobbe #2
Subject: Problem with Release 2011-11-10 "Angua RC1" "The mediaolddir ('media_attic') does not exist.."
Hi guys
I've updated using the automatic plugin, but when I try to access my web site, I get the following error: "DokuWiki Setup Error
The mediaolddir ('media_attic') does not exist, isn't accessible or writable. You should check your config and permission settings. Or maybe you want to run the installer?"

I've googled a bit and understand this has probably something to do with new directories being needed, however, I can't seem to find any description of which directories this would be?! I've manually created media_attic and media_meta under data/media and given these two directories full permissions (777), but this still doesn't seem to solve my problem.

Any ideas?
topic: Making uploaded Excel-file editable  in the forum: General Help and Support Syntax and Usage
clauswobbe #3
In reply to post ID 21004
Subject: Making uploaded Excel-file editable
Thanks a lot for your answers, guys!
Karl_de_Hall, I agree, it doesn't seem what I'm looking for is possible. I want people to be able to click on my Excel-file, edit it, and save it back to the page. This is not possible, for all I can see.

I have considered using Google Docs, but as I understand it this would require the users to also have a Google Docs' account, which I cannot assume they have.

So, I think my only option is to decide end-users cannot edit the spredsheet and only I can do that :-(
Anyway, thanks a lot for your help.
topic: Making uploaded Excel-file editable  in the forum: General Help and Support Syntax and Usage
clauswobbe #4
Subject: Making uploaded Excel-file editable
Hi
I'm very new to DokuWiki, so ....
Anyway, I'm trying to insert a spreadsheet, which users should be able to open, edit and save again. I've uploaded the spreadsheet, but when I open the document in Excel, it's opened as write protected, so you cannot save it back to the page. I've checked the access properties for the file - they're 664, so as I understand it I should be fine here. Anyone knows what I'm doing wrong?
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Special characters:
Special queries
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2020-01-18, 07:36:09 (UTC +01:00)