Not logged in. · Lost password · Register

All posts by dahanso (15)

topic: [SOLVED] Confsearch box width / size  in the forum: General Help and Support Plugins
dahanso #1
Member since Oct 2010 · 15 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
I misunderstood your suggestion for style.css  .. it works great!  Thank you so much!
topic: [SOLVED] Confsearch box width / size  in the forum: General Help and Support Plugins
dahanso #2
In reply to post ID 32430
Quote by turnermm:
  $renderer->doc .= '<input type="text" id="qsearch2__in" width="60" accesskey="f" name="id" class="edit" autocomplete="off">'."\n";

This was actually the first thing I tried before posting (I tried stuff like "width" "size" etc..) but it didn't change anything.. I really thought it should've worked, though.  Interdasting.
dahanso #3
Subject: [SOLVED] Confsearch box width / size
Is there any simple way to change the width of the search box in confsearch?

I just did essentially the same thing with addnewpage.. however, addnewpage already had a size parameter that I could see (I just changed it); I do not see anything relevant to size in confsearch.  I have tried adding size parameters to the renderer section in syntax.php, but I feel like maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.  Is confsearch calling upon Dokuwiki's search feature for its size?  I stared blankly at qsearch.js for a bit, but for some reason, that didn't fix anything.  :blush:
This post was edited on 2012-05-05, 16:43 by dahanso.
topic: set background image in page?  in the forum: General Help and Support Templates and Layout
dahanso #4
In reply to post ID 32162
I will continue to mess with it, but it doesn't seem like it wants to let me control system pages.  I'll post a patch to the plugin's page if I manage to come up with something.  If anyone has any input on this matter in the future, please hijack the thread. ;)
This post was edited 2 times, last on 2012-05-04, 23:53 by dahanso.
topic: Typical time it takes to install plugin?  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
dahanso #5
In reply to post ID 31518
I realize this is may be too late to be of any help, but the block plugin allows you to change fonts and is actively maintained.
topic: Best MonsterID  in the forum: Offtopic Chit Chat
dahanso #6
Subject: Best MonsterID
For the record, though you are all fine looking in your own special ways, I believe my MonsterID to be the best.
topic: set background image in page?  in the forum: General Help and Support Templates and Layout
dahanso #7
In reply to post ID 32028
Yeah, unfortunately I only want it on one page; denied.txt.  My half-baked plan was to remove the margins from the template and rely upon the wrap and box features for spacing/typography.  The lack of margins could then allow an image to cover all the white space, making a nice splash page out of denied.txt (for a private wiki anyhow)  When I realized I couldn't just set the background image for denied.txt, I was trying to figure out if I could use wrap in a 100% height-sort of way, but nothing seemed to work.  So I did come pretty close!

The site users have varying resolutions, so my big thing is not creating a horizontal scrollbar.  It seems I can avoid that simply by using the normal image syntax (I didn't expect it to work like that! :huh: )..  It'd just be awesome if I could avoid creating a vertical scrollbar, as well.  I think that's all I'm expecting to achieve by setting a background image.  Clearly, I only barely know what I'm doing.  :blush:  :cool:  :-D

Thanks for the response.
dahanso #8
Subject: set background image in page?
Is it possible to set a background image within the document markup.  I'm curious if I have overlooked functionality that is already included or maybe a plugin that already exists?

I have tried to simulate the desired effect with the marvelous wrap plugin, but it'd be a lot easier if I could just add something at the top of the page like <wallpaper:image.jpg> Ideally, such a plugin would include arguments for repeat-x/y but.. beggars can't be choosers.

I may try to make this, as it seems to not exist, but feel free to stop me from making a fool of myself.. ;)

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum.. sort of a syntax question, sort of a template question, probably a feature request ..  (mods: please move where ever you feel it is most appropriate, if this is not the place)

I almost forgot: I'm using Angua on Ubuntu 11.10
This post was edited 2 times, last on 2012-04-14, 01:43 by dahanso.
topic: Can't save config w/ nice URLs enabled (problem with rewrite rules?)  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
dahanso #9
In reply to post ID 30004
I thank you very, very, very, very much.  If you were here, right now, I'd give you a big bro-grab.  :blush:  ;-)

I followed your steps on a fresh server and everything is working perfectly.  I am still comparing my erroneous backup to figure out where the problem was, but the important part is that it's fixed.

I will mark this as solved if I figure it out ;)

Thanks again (to everyone) for the fast responses and for keeping up all the fine work.
This post was edited 3 times, last on 2012-01-10, 08:42 by dahanso.
topic: Can't save config w/ nice URLs enabled (problem with rewrite rules?)  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
dahanso #10
In reply to post ID 29959
Do you mean if I set it to internal / let Dokuwiki handle it?

I just tried setting nice URL mode to 2 and I can indeed save the configuration.
This post was edited on 2012-01-08, 00:38 by dahanso.
dahanso #11
Subject: Can't save config w/ nice URLs enabled
This is my first time trying to host dokuwiki from home; in the past, I've always used a remote (shared) host.  I have never had this problem before.  I'm using Ubuntu, Apache2 and Dokuwiki's latest release candidate.

I am using .htaccess for nice URLs and everything appears to work, with the exception of saving the configuration.  I can access the configuration manager, but when I click Save it presents me with the "Permission Denied" page.  The peculiar part is that the rewrite rule for doku.php is apparently not behind honored, as it is being invoked on the denial page.  It's the only place where the wiki tries to use the old, not-nice URLs.  The address on the denial page is http://site.tld/doku.php

I can save when I disable nice URLs.

Does this indicate a problem with my .htaccess file or something within apache2.conf/httpd.conf..?  My .htaccess is typical, uncommented default and because it works without nice URLs, I am fairly certain it's not actually a permission problem.

Sorry for posting yet another question about nice URLs, but I just couldn't find anything that fit my description, within the archives.

Sorry also for switching it back to unsolved.. false victory.
This post was edited 3 times, last on 2012-01-10, 00:07 by dahanso.
topic: [SOLVED] index action link (its location)  in the forum: General Help and Support Templates and Layout
dahanso #12
Subject: [SOLVED] index action link
So there is this button that says "Sitemap" which is actually the index action button.  Before I tear it all apart searching for the string, would someone be so kind as to inform me where this is located?  I want to make it say "Index" instead of "Sitemap" ..

is it somewhere in the lang>en folder?

Thanks for any pointers..

I was successful in changing the button label, by accessing the lang.php file.. I don't know how I glazed over it before, but there it was.. DUH! (that's how I felt when I found it anyway)

All of the buttons (Not only Sitemap, but also Edit this page, Login / Logout, etc..) are changeable there, FYI.
This post was edited on 2011-03-06, 02:18 by dahanso.
topic: Buttons as icons. (How to make a panel with buttons ...)  in the forum: General Help and Support Templates and Layout
dahanso #13
In reply to post ID 22721
When you say "Panel" do you mean like a drop-down menu, or a navigation menu that's always visible? 

The first 3 templates on the template page ( http://www.dokuwiki.org/Template )  feature drop-down menus which activate upon mouseover.  Then there is arctic and its derivatives; that provides customizable panels/menus/whatever they're called.

..or you intend simply to replace the words with images?

Sorry if I misunderstand or confused things further.
This post was edited 2 times, last on 2011-02-02, 06:19 by dahanso.
topic: Mostly blank  in the forum: General Help and Support Templates and Layout Template Wishlist
dahanso #14
Subject: Mostly blank
Initially, I had decided to modify "A_Free_Worldic" to suit my needs.  I later realized that overall, the default template was closer to what I was looking for.. but I miss having a nice drop down menu. :-(  

I suppose my question is about which file(s) to edit.. is everything regarding the drop down menu in main.php?  I noticed some mention of "action buttons" at the bottom of the config page, when I had A_Free_Worldic enabled.

I like A_Free_Worldic a lot, but I think it has a lot of (leftover?) side panel stuff that I don't need.  Not sure if that's what was causing my confusion with some of the spacing problems. If there is an existing template that is basically just default + a drop-down menu, please point me in its direction.. :-D

This is a basic example of what I'm shooting for.. color-coding taken into consideration, of course; it's going to be all white, until I learn how to allow users to control colors.

[Image: http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/1292/tplexample.jpg]

(I may even skip the "Back To The Top" link..)

Thanks for any advice.
topic: Another Dave for the pile (Florida, US)  in the forum: Community User Introductions
dahanso #15
Subject: Another Dave for the pile
Hi, I'm Dave (David, or you can just call me by my username; whichever you like.. :-D )  I chose DokuWiki for a personal / inner-circle site.  For blather's sake, I shall elucidate:

After years of doing our own growing up and moving around, my friends, certain family members and myself, now find ourselves spread across the country.  The few times we've been able to get together in recent years, very little gets done, besides bottles and cans.. (just clap your hands, just clap your hands..)  Once upon a time, we were all pseudo-creative and semi-productive people.. So this (nearly 5-year) group-slump has us all in a weird spot.  We needed a place to collaborate on document-oriented stuff.  I wanted a wiki (something I have goofed around with in the past) and was looking for something to save me from MediaWiki's tyranny..

..enter DokuWiki.  (cue heroic fanfare)

I still have yet to get the template 100% the way we "need" it, but I know it will be there, soon.. (it's been a while)  Hopefully, someday, we'll have something worth sharing.  ;-)
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Special characters:
Special queries
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2020-02-17, 07:24:20 (UTC +01:00)