Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Page:  1  2  3  next 

All posts by samwilson (44)

topic: Plugin similar to MediaWiki extension 'LinkTitles'  in the forum: General Help and Support Features and Functionality
samwilson #1
User title: Human
Member since Oct 2011 · 44 posts · Location: Fremantle, Western Australia
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Sounds interesting. Should it add the links dynamically, or actually put the [[...]] into the wikitext before saving? I'm assuming the former, so that it can take into account titles as they change?
topic: how to build documentation (example, idea to build a wiki documentation)  in the forum: General Help and Support Features and Functionality
samwilson #2
In reply to post ID 51608
Yes, export to PDF is the main non-browser format. We were using the dw2pdf plugin, but then switched to xslfo so we could do trickier things with PDF. Not used so much now, though... people have realised that PDFs are pretty annoying in the end! Better to have responsive HTML.
topic: how to build documentation (example, idea to build a wiki documentation)  in the forum: General Help and Support Features and Functionality
samwilson #3
In reply to post ID 51530
I've been using DW for company documentation for a few years, and pretty much we use namespaces with a direct correlation to access control, and no correlation to information structure. The latter changes much more, and the Tag plugin gives us better flexibility. Means less fiddling with the ACL too.
topic: DokuWiki -> Indesign : Best practice? (How to export DW -> ID for final layout)  in the forum: General Help and Support Features and Functionality
samwilson #4
In reply to post ID 51463
This is interesting. It's been years since I worked with Indesign, but I can see this approach working for other migrations. Thanks for sharing!
topic: DW Syntax for White Space  in the forum: General Help and Support Syntax and Usage
samwilson #5
In reply to post ID 51458
I think it'd be a good addition to the standard entity list.

Is there any issue with non-HTML rendering, with the   entity? I have a slight memory of coming up against something similar a couple of years ago, but can't remember quite what the problem was.
topic: No subscription emails, but 'notify' address does receive mail  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
samwilson #6
In reply to post ID 51096
I'm not sure that I'm going be very helpful in saying this, but I was getting this same problem when using the authldap plugin on Windows. Perhaps there's some similarity? I'm afraid I've just this month lost access to the server that I was seeing this on, so I can't test anything any more. :(
topic: Imitate Mediawiki's frac template for fractions?  in the forum: General Help and Support Plugins Plugin Wishlist
samwilson #7
In reply to post ID 50943
Hm, good points. (Yeah, I'd actually assumed it only stole dollar signs with spaces either side, which would at least be less common; it seems it's not that well-behaved though!)

You could manually define each fraction in conf/entities.local.conf (using unicode characters where possible):

1/2      ½
23/894   <sup>23</sup>&frasl;<sub>894</sub>

A bit labour-intensive though I guess. Would be better for a plugin to handle it.
topic: Imitate Mediawiki's frac template for fractions?  in the forum: General Help and Support Plugins Plugin Wishlist
samwilson #8
In reply to post ID 50938
The latex plugin might help you. Then, you'd do e.g.:
Lorem ipsum $ \frac{1}{2} $ blah blah
to give a fraction of 1/2.
topic: Restrict access to Old Revisions history  in the forum: General Help and Support Features and Functionality
samwilson #9
In reply to post ID 50933
I think the denyactions plugin can do this. (I've not used it though.)
topic: Hello  in the forum: Community User Introductions
samwilson #10
In reply to post ID 44800
Welcome!

What software do you use for genealogy? I've been slightly working on a Dokuwiki plugin for family trees (but it's not gotten anywhere yet).
topic: Hello  in the forum: Community User Introductions
samwilson #11
In reply to post ID 44734
G'day! There don't seem to be all that many of us Aussies here. :)

I'm often on IRC during WA business hours, if you want to say hi.
topic: Plugin Broken Link Checker?  in the forum: General Help and Support Plugins
samwilson #12
In reply to post ID 44555
This sounds like something that might reasonably be built into a new little thing I've been working on called log404.
topic: Do not get email notifications when we change content in a page  in the forum: General Help and Support Features and Functionality
samwilson #13
In reply to post ID 44415
I had this problem, but I'm afraid I don't know how I solved it.

One thing I remember was that it was correctly sending mail to the first user listed in data/meta/.mlist, but not the subsequent ones. So it depended on who subscribed first.

Sorry I can't be of more help; it was a while ago.
topic: How can I simulate MediaWiki table templates?  in the forum: General Help and Support Syntax and Usage
samwilson #14
In reply to post ID 44359
The data plugin could be used for this purpose, with a bit of custom styling. It's what we use (in the company for which I work) for pages that in Wikipedia world would have infoboxes.
topic: Calendar (A traditional 'one view per month' calendar in days required)  in the forum: General Help and Support Features and Functionality
samwilson #15
In reply to post ID 44203
(By which I mean: there might well be a really good one!)
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Special characters:
Page:  1  2  3  next 
Special queries
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-08-25, 18:22:11 (UTC +02:00)