Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  next 

All posts by StarArmy (83)

topic: only admin can create namespaces  in the forum: General Help and Support Features and Functionality
StarArmy #1
Member since Nov 2011 · 83 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
I wish this was a feature that we could turn on!
topic: Large file upload failed despite changing settings  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
StarArmy #2
In reply to post ID 66496
What about max_input_time in php.ini?

Are you using Apache? FastCGI?

Would it make more sense to just FTP/SSH the files to the server?
topic: Watchcycle Plugin Issues  in the forum: General Help and Support Plugins
StarArmy #3
In reply to post ID 66486
"Yeah, that's gonna be a no from me, dawg." -- Randy Jackson

I don't have or want a Github account.
topic: Watchcycle Plugin Issues  in the forum: General Help and Support Plugins
StarArmy #4
Subject: Watchcycle Plugin Issues
The watchcycle plugin seems to be doing the following unwanted behaviors:

- Previewing a page or page section that contains the watchcycle code causes a watchcycle email to be sent
- Moving a page with the move plugin causes a watchcycle email to be sent when that page is updated
topic: Large file upload failed despite changing settings  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
StarArmy #5
In reply to post ID 66472
Perhaps it could be max execution time. The amount it could upload would depend on upload speed, basically. If it takes too long (30 seconds or whatever it's set to) for the query, PHP will give up on it and the upload will fail.
This post was edited on 2019-06-11, 13:38 by StarArmy.
topic: public subscription  in the forum: General Help and Support Features and Functionality
StarArmy #6
In reply to post ID 66350
I mean, if you're going to collect people's email addresses, isn't that essentially giving them an account anyway? Do you really want to send emails to people without also having them complete the normal registration process that includes agreeing to whatever terms of service you use to legally protect yourself? Do you see what I'm getting at here? Most mailing lists have some sort of registration too. If you want to set up a tier where some public people can subscribe and some privileged users can create and edit pages, why not just set those levels in the ACL?
topic: Media Manager no longer works as it did  in the forum: General Help and Support Features and Functionality
StarArmy #7
In reply to post ID 66144
If you open the media manager from the link (not the toolbar button) it will open as a normal webpage and you can alter the URL to make new namespaces that way.
topic: MediaEverywhere (Find wiki Pages Without Media)  in the forum: General Help and Support Plugins Plugin Wishlist
StarArmy #8
Subject: MediaEverywhere
Here's a plugin idea:

MediaEverywhere would be a plugin that creates a list of pages in a namespace where there's no media files in the wiki page. The intended usage would be to allow admins to easily get a list of pages that could benefit from illustrations.
topic: Use LDAP with local ACL?  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
StarArmy #9
In reply to post ID 65790
Name of attribute Active Directory stores it's pretty print user name.
I see a typo in the code (it should be "its").
topic: How does one trigger a page save action, on the click of a button (I want to have a simple 1// submit button, which when clicked 2// creates a 'example.txt' file, with the contents 'hello world')  in the forum: General Help and Support Development
StarArmy #10
In reply to post ID 65670
Well, you could use the bureaucracy plugin to create new pages with one click. You would first create a form, and a template for the form fields to be used in...once those are set up, users can enter their information in a form and then click to create a new wiki page using the information they entered.

On my wiki, which is used for a roleplaying game, I have a form for creating a character. Users select options for their character and enter things like their character name, and when they click submit, the plugin creates a complete character page for them.
topic: filelisting plugin (not listing files)  in the forum: General Help and Support Plugins
StarArmy #11
In reply to post ID 65633
The data/media/ folder is where media files like images, PDFs, .docs, and .txt files go. Users can browse and download from this folder via the media manager.

/data/pages is only for content that is intended to be rendered as a wiki page (txt source files of your wiki pages).
This post was edited on 2019-04-12, 17:05 by StarArmy.
topic: filelisting plugin (not listing files)  in the forum: General Help and Support Plugins
StarArmy #12
In reply to post ID 65508
Looking again, it looks like you put the files in the pages folder instead of the media folder.
topic: Simultaneous download of multiple images  in the forum: General Help and Support Plugins
StarArmy #13
In reply to post ID 65616
What about putting the images into a zip file packages for one-click download?
topic: Simultaneous download of multiple images  in the forum: General Help and Support Plugins
StarArmy #14
In reply to post ID 65586
FTP?
topic: Replacement for gcalendar  in the forum: General Help and Support Plugins
StarArmy #15
In reply to post ID 65551
Note: the edittable plugin doesn't respect styles. I have a dark style with white text on my wiki and couldn't read the contents of the table. I ended up uninstalling it because of that. YMMV.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Special characters:
Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  next 
Special queries
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-08-21, 23:08:24 (UTC +02:00)