Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Page:  1  2  3  4  5  next 

All posts by StarArmy (75)

topic: Use LDAP with local ACL?  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
StarArmy #1
Member since Nov 2011 · 75 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Name of attribute Active Directory stores it's pretty print user name.
I see a typo in the code (it should be "its").
topic: How does one trigger a page save action, on the click of a button (I want to have a simple 1// submit button, which when clicked 2// creates a 'example.txt' file, with the contents 'hello world')  in the forum: General Help and Support Development
StarArmy #2
In reply to post ID 65670
Well, you could use the bureaucracy plugin to create new pages with one click. You would first create a form, and a template for the form fields to be used in...once those are set up, users can enter their information in a form and then click to create a new wiki page using the information they entered.

On my wiki, which is used for a roleplaying game, I have a form for creating a character. Users select options for their character and enter things like their character name, and when they click submit, the plugin creates a complete character page for them.
topic: filelisting plugin (not listing files)  in the forum: General Help and Support Plugins
StarArmy #3
In reply to post ID 65633
The data/media/ folder is where media files like images, PDFs, .docs, and .txt files go. Users can browse and download from this folder via the media manager.

/data/pages is only for content that is intended to be rendered as a wiki page (txt source files of your wiki pages).
This post was edited on 2019-04-12, 17:05 by StarArmy.
topic: filelisting plugin (not listing files)  in the forum: General Help and Support Plugins
StarArmy #4
In reply to post ID 65508
Looking again, it looks like you put the files in the pages folder instead of the media folder.
topic: Simultaneous download of multiple images  in the forum: General Help and Support Plugins
StarArmy #5
In reply to post ID 65616
What about putting the images into a zip file packages for one-click download?
topic: Simultaneous download of multiple images  in the forum: General Help and Support Plugins
StarArmy #6
In reply to post ID 65586
FTP?
topic: Replacement for gcalendar  in the forum: General Help and Support Plugins
StarArmy #7
In reply to post ID 65551
Note: the edittable plugin doesn't respect styles. I have a dark style with white text on my wiki and couldn't read the contents of the table. I ended up uninstalling it because of that. YMMV.
topic: Emoji Plugin Issue (Conflicts with QC Plugin)  in the forum: General Help and Support Plugins
StarArmy #8
Subject: Emoji Plugin Issue
When using the 2018 version of the emoji (emoji substitution) plugin, it stops the smiley face/QC section content from rendering. When the emoji plugin is disabled, the quality check works normally again.
topic: Quality Check QC Plugin Suggestions  in the forum: General Help and Support Plugins
StarArmy #9
In reply to post ID 65483
I found another QC plugin issue - for some reason when using the 2018 version of the emoji (emoji substitution) plugin, it stops the smiley face/QC section content from rendering.
StarArmy #10
In reply to post ID 65484
It is possible that it's a file permission thing where the file owner of the files you uploaded is not the same as the pages made by the wiki?
topic: Quality Check QC Plugin Suggestions  in the forum: General Help and Support Plugins
StarArmy #11
In reply to post ID 65479
Thanks! I started it in 2007 and it's grown to more than 13k pages (currently about 12k).

Here's some of my favorite pages:

I recently installed the QC plugin to try to bring some of the oldest pages in line with standard layouts. The very early pages from the wiki tended to have a lot of line breaks because we were used to listing information on forums. I think the QC plugin has helped a lot because it gives me a sort of "priority list" of which pages need the most attention.
StarArmy #12
In reply to post ID 65474
Ah, I learned something new today.
StarArmy #13
In reply to post ID 65469
Quote by Michaelsy:
I don't understand your problem. Multiple spaces in wiki code and HTML files are displayed in the browser as one space by default.
I tested this and found that, for whatever reason, if you put a double-spaced paragraph and a single-spaced paragraph of the otherwise-same text into Dokuwiki, they will render slightly differently on the page.
topic: SPAM Alerting (current thread)  in the forum: Offtopic Forum Help
StarArmy #14
In reply to post ID 65468
You can duplicate it on your wiki by replicating this folder on your wiki : https://www.dokuwiki.org/lib/plugins/april2019/
StarArmy #15
In reply to post ID 65466
The internet is not a typewriter. The vast majority of Dokuwiki pages are not displayed in monotype fonts. For example, the default Dokuwiki template and Dokuwiki's wiki use the Arial font. Double spacing is an archaic practice that does not improve readability and should be treated the same way the QC plugin treats forced line breaks.

Every major style guide—including the Modern Language Association Style Manual and the Chicago Manual of Style—prescribes a single space after a period.

See also:

https://slate.com/technology/2011/01/two-spaces-after-a-pe…

https://www.cultofpedagogy.com/two-spaces-after-period/

https://www.quickanddirtytips.com/education/grammar/two-sp…
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Special characters:
Page:  1  2  3  4  5  next 
Special queries
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-04-26, 00:47:40 (UTC +02:00)