Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Page:  1  2  3 ... 6  7  8  next 

All posts by StarArmy (120)

topic: what is built-in namespace ''wiki'' for? should i change or add page in it?  in the forum: General Help and Support Syntax and Usage
StarArmy #1
Member since Nov 2011 · 120 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
I use it for "meta" stuff like directions on how to add and move pages, for pages about the wiki like stats, and so forth...anything that is about the particular wiki installation and not the topic of the wiki.
topic: Lock failed when creating new page  in the forum: General Help and Support Server Setup
StarArmy #2
In reply to post ID 68003
Is there a chance that the server was really busy (lot of requests to Apache or something) when the error occurred? Does it happen every time or just occasionally?
topic: Lock failed when creating new page  in the forum: General Help and Support Server Setup
StarArmy #3
In reply to post ID 67998
Check the permissions for the directory /var/www/myserver.com/public_html/data/locks/ and make sure it's writable.
topic: Some things are wrong.  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
StarArmy #4
In reply to post ID 67993
See: https://www.dokuwiki.org/install:permissions
topic: Unable to administer (or log into) wiki after recovery  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
StarArmy #5
In reply to post ID 67981
I guess the worst-case scenario option is to simply build a new wiki and dump all the old wiki's pages and media files into it, run the search indexer and reinstall your extensions and styles, and re-make your ACL rules if applicable.
topic: Change hyperlink color  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
StarArmy #6
In reply to post ID 67986
A super easy way to do this is to install this extension: https://www.dokuwiki.org/plugin:styling

Then you can use it to customize your style, including link colors, without having to edit any files.
topic: Links not working on image map  in the forum: General Help and Support Features and Functionality
StarArmy #7
In reply to post ID 67964
This is only semi-related, but from an accessibility standpoint you will probably want to give low-vision users a way to reach the links that doesn't involve the image map.
topic: Looking for a cheap DokuWiki web host that runs Softaculous  in the forum: General Help and Support General Stuff
StarArmy #8
In reply to post ID 67958
Sorry, all of my sites are on VPS servers (I'm currently using Dreamhost and have been happy with them) and you're probably looking for a regular shared hosting provider to save money so I'm not sure my experiences are relevant.
topic: Looking for a cheap DokuWiki web host that runs Softaculous  in the forum: General Help and Support General Stuff
StarArmy #9
In reply to post ID 67946
If you want, I would happily install Dokuwiki on your server for you for free.
StarArmy #10
In reply to post ID 67852
I don't understand why anyone would use a third party software to install Dokuwiki when Dokuwiki is so simple to install. If you eliminated the requirement for Softaculous by installing the Dokuwiki software yourself (which takes just a couple minutes) you would have a lot more options to choose from.
topic: How to link server documents to WIKI  in the forum: General Help and Support Server Setup
StarArmy #11
In reply to post ID 67938
It would be like
[[https://example.com/directories/yourfile.pdf|Link Title]]
topic: Delete/rename page button  in the forum: General Help and Support Plugins Plugin Wishlist
StarArmy #12
In reply to post ID 67873
You can easily delete pages by editing them and then removing the entire contents and saving the empty page.
topic: WikiDNA (setting up)  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
StarArmy #13
In reply to post ID 67821
Edit your start page or whatever page you're on and make a link to
[[wikidna:start]]
And see if that takes you where you want to go.
topic: Draft section - where changes are not stored?  in the forum: General Help and Support Features and Functionality
StarArmy #14
In reply to post ID 67790
What I do on my wiki is I have a namespace called WIP (for works-in-progress) where users can develop their articles. When they're done, they get reviewed by the staff and moved to their permanent namespaces using the Move plugin. The WIP: namespace is set via ACL to give read permissions only to registered users so they public (and search robots) can't see the unfinished/unapproved articles.
topic: Random generator plugin? (Is there a plugin that lets you do something like random-generator.com?)  in the forum: General Help and Support Plugins
StarArmy #15
In reply to post ID 62554
I, too, am very interested in a plugin like this for my RPG.

For far I've been building and using PHP-based ones but having one that is in the wiki would really open the door for my users to easily make their own random tables.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Special characters:
Page:  1  2  3 ... 6  7  8  next 
Special queries
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2020-01-20, 02:53:14 (UTC +01:00)