Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  next 

All posts by HansBKK (104)

topic: Syntax support for Txt2tags (taking DW to the next level in interoperability)  in the forum: General Help and Support Plugins Plugin Wishlist
HansBKK #1
Member since Nov 2011 · 104 posts · Location: Bangkok
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
This is great news, and I hope to have an excuse to make the time to check this out, thanks for your contribution.

Regarding the "Rosetta Stone" I have great hope for Pandoc; it supports just about every mainstream syntax, and LOTS of great output options. However it doesn't support either DW's syntax nor txt2tags, and customization requires programming in Haskell.

Edit - note the "Pandoc native" syntax is an extended markdown, but internally uses a syntax that can be exposed from the command line as jstor data.

Also the author of the most excellent Zim desktop tool ("zim-wiki"), which uses syntax quite similar to DW's, has implemented an "export to Pandoc" plug-in, and has expressed an intention to allow that and perhaps other syntaxes to be used internally via a yet-to-be-coded plugable architecture.
This post was edited on 2012-12-17, 03:19 by HansBKK.
topic: Sidebar is still on top (not side)  in the forum: General Help and Support Templates and Layout
HansBKK #2
In reply to post ID 35387
Well that does make sense - at least for now.

But since tech evolution always seems to have unforseeable surprises around the corner and the code hasn't shipped yet. . .

But obviously a nit pick.
topic: Sidebar is still on top (not side)  in the forum: General Help and Support Templates and Layout
HansBKK #3
In reply to post ID 35304
Since the issue isn't tablet-specific, perhaps a keyword like "viewport-wrap" would be more generic?
topic: footer.html and topheader.html  in the forum: General Help and Support Syntax and Usage
HansBKK #4
In reply to post ID 35320
Although it is true that you may very well get detailed answers to basic questions like this from the very generous forum contributors here, I strongly advise you to do some basic learning on webdev tech - just plain HTML/CSS to start with.

I'm a noob here myself, but from my experience elsewhere, many projects would consider such questions abusive of the good will of the contributors.
topic: headpages without indexmenu et al (link to just the namespace itself, no "start" page)  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
HansBKK #5
In reply to post ID 35299
OK thanks, it's true I tend to be too conservative from past experience getting sucked into playing around with third-party plugins on other projects.

I'll do some testing when I get time and report back.
topic: Back - Next - Up navigation (hierarchical "book" style paging)  in the forum: General Help and Support Features and Functionality
HansBKK #6
In reply to post ID 35265
Excellent, I'll check it out

Do you know if, for its sorting, it respects useheader, or just the filename?

I'm also wary of something that hasn't been touched for a couple of years, but then I've seen the author of that plugin's name around a bit. . .
HansBKK #7
In reply to post ID 35253
Although I have a wide high-resolution monitor, I also thought there was something wrong with my setup since I usually set my browser (usually FF) to only half my screen width, and things looked fine when I checked in Chrome and IE.

Perhaps this feature could be highlighted somehow?

I'd also suggest lowering the default, as IMO it jumps to the one-column mode unnecessarily wide.
topic: headpages without indexmenu et al (link to just the namespace itself, no "start" page)  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
HansBKK #8
In reply to post ID 35255
Subject: possible workaround?
Perhaps using Andreas' new TalkPage plugin (http://www.dokuwiki.org/plugin:talkpage) rather than Discussion will solve my problem?

Any ideas if this plugin would have any problems with IndexMenu (family, tIndexMenu?)?
topic: Vector-style discussion, without Vector! (page-associated discussion tab)  in the forum: General Help and Support Features and Functionality
HansBKK #9
In reply to post ID 35241
Wow, glad I caught this!

Maybe it will solve my problem here http://forum.dokuwiki.org/thread/8996?

Any ideas if this plugin would have any problems with IndexMenu (family, tIndexMenu?) as Discussion plugin apparently does?
topic: Back - Next - Up navigation (hierarchical "book" style paging)  in the forum: General Help and Support Features and Functionality
HansBKK #10
Subject: Back - Next - Up navigation
Anyone know of a way to get automagically created links on pages where the content is organized in a traditional book/chapter/section hierarchy, so the user can simply click on a link for the next/previous page or to the container intro/headpage?

I'd consider inserting these manually but the fact is during the drafting process the structure will be subject to a lot of change, and looks like "page moving" and "namespace moving" still doesn't accommodate search-and-replace for backlinks. . .
HansBKK #11
In reply to post ID 35169
@Ashtagon
> Look for "start: Page name to use as the starting point for each namespace" (should be the second item in the list), and replace the word start with whatever you want to be the root word.

I believe you misunderstood. I was looking to not have any hard-coded "root word", I want the "topic" page filename to be "same-as-the-namespace.txt" in the same location as the namespace directory.

======================
@Michitux
>I fear this is not really supported by DokuWiki.

I was under the impression that indexmenu and its relatives were pretty "mainstream" plugins, and most certainly do support my preference, so presumably DW does as well with their assistance. I haven't explored the "breadcrumbs" issue, but don't see any problems cited by users of those navigation plugins.

In any case I haven't ran across any problems with this so far, but I guess I'll start to look out for them.

> If you could show me a plugin which does what you want I could have a look why it is incompatible with the discussion plugin and if that can be solved.

As I said Indexmenu is apparently the granddaddy, Tindexmenu seems to be its successor, both state explicitly they are incompatible with Discussion. Indexmenu2 and alphaindex haven't been maintained.

I don't know why they conflict with the Discussion plugin, but if that could get straightened out I'd be one happy DW camper.

As I would be if someone could suggest a Discussion-compatible plugin that gives me - not necessarily everything the above two do, but:

To clarify the issue more specifically, I'd like users to be able to create a document within a namespace on the fly as usual (no topic page for the namespace to start with), and then when an end-user clicks on the namespace link itself, if they choose to create a topic page then a headpage gets created.

Ideally core DW would allow something like a double-dot as an option in the "start" field to indicate this preference.

Otherwise my current workaround is to have a cron job look for "start.txt" files after the fact and rename them to what I want, but obviously that's a kludge.
HansBKK #12
Subject: headpages without indexmenu et al
I have a hard time with DW's default syntax for what I'll call the "topic page":
  - /namespace/start

What I want is for /namespace.txt to actually be the topic page for /namespace

I don't want to use the various plugins designed to enable this because I want to use the Discussion plugin and apparently they all conflict with that. Recommendations for a currently-maintained alternative welcome.

I can see from the namespace docs that I can manually create the topic page before the namespace and it will work, as long as the start.txt doesn't exist, but don't see a way to make this behavior work when the the user codes a link to an as-yet-not-created namespace and then "creates this page".

And finally, how can I enable this for the root home page? I want the top page of my wiki to simply be the domain name without a filename.

I'm looking for as little messing with webserver/php stuff as possible, since my site will be moving between different hosting environments where there's likely to be little consistency, and in fact I'm likely to have little control over those factors.

Thanks in advance
topic: Install dokuwiki on Domino web server - how to config security access on directories?  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
HansBKK #13
In reply to post ID 32345
I'm familiar with Notes/Domino, but have no idea what it would have to do with DW. Why aren't you just installing DW on a normal web server like Apache?

Are you looking to do some integration dev work between the two?
topic: Can't a namespace also be a page?  in the forum: General Help and Support Syntax and Usage
HansBKK #14
In reply to post ID 32330
http://www.dokuwiki.org/namespaces#namespace_default_linking

Takeaway - as long as the "start" page doesn't exist, you can use a same-name-as-namespace "head page" instead, either in the namespace itself or in the parent. My preference is for the latter.

There may be further details available here assuming they are still? be relevant:
 http://forum.dokuwiki.org/post/30606
 http://forum.dokuwiki.org/post/28248
topic: Data migration  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
HansBKK #15
In reply to post ID 32059
It's all just text, so whatever text-processing, import/export tools should work fine.

OT but I'd love to see a Pandoc reader coded to allow for conversion of the inline markup syntax, or even native support for that via a plug-in, would open up a lot of great possibilities to make DW the authoring front-end for single-source-multiple-output publishing, generating static sites, docbook, LaTeX etc as well as no longer needing the dedicated ODT/PDF export/conversion code.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Special characters:
Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  next 
Special queries
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-10-15, 15:54:12 (UTC +02:00)