Not logged in. · Lost password · Register

All posts by Tabasko (4)

topic: Can't a namespace also be a page?  in the forum: General Help and Support Syntax and Usage
Tabasko #1
Member since Apr 2012 · 4 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Default linking and the navi Plugin could be a solution, i will try it out once the wiki is up and running.

Thank you for your help :D
topic: Can't a namespace also be a page?  in the forum: General Help and Support Syntax and Usage
Tabasko #2
In reply to post ID 32308
Hmm, but there is no real reason to call any page start, if a namespace cant be linked to.

So my Solution would be, just to put a MainPage with the Same title as the Namespace inside the Namespace.
And instead of the usual Overview Page i should make a Sidebar with a "selfmade" Index, that I have to keep on time myself.

Is it possible, that this Sidebar can change in different Namespaces?
And that the Page, that is currently open looks selected in the index?
(Like Forum looks selected at the top of this page)

Thanks for the help so far, maybe these namespaces arent so bad :)
Tabasko #3
In reply to post ID 32276
Hey, thank you for your fast response.

So if I put a page named start inside a namespace, it will be the default page for this namespace.
But still, I dont really know how to access a namespace, because when i make a link to "namespacetitle" a new page called namespacetitle will open up.

Additionally, I dont want a bunch of same called pages in my wiki which makes searching impossible.
I fear this is the wrong wiki for me.
Tabasko #4
Subject: Can't a namespace also be a page?
Hello DokuWiki Community!

I just discovered this Wiki and am really impressed.
Especially the "namespace" System is something, I find really usefull, because a Hierarchy is essential for the Wiki I have in mind.
But there is one thing, that seems kinda odd to me..

Can't a namespace also be a page?

For example, take the Dokuwiki-Wiki itself, and go to the Sitemap.
When I am intrested in the Category Plugins, i go to the Namespace "plugins", but when I click on it, aall the possible Plugins, more Namespaces and different Stuff drop down. The Overview Page to Plugins has nothing to do with the Plugin-Namespace and can be found at the bottom of the list in a pool of uncategorized Pages.

So I would want some of my Namespaces to have a Main Page, that represents that Namespace.
Is this possible?

Best regards, Tabasko
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Special characters:
Special queries
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20120620-dev, © 2003-2011 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2014-04-18, 10:02:27 (UTC +02:00)