DokuWiki Setup Error
grayside #1
User title: dre:glass
Member since Jul 2006 · 3 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: File Permissions
"DokuWiki Setup Error
The datadir does not exist, isn't accessable or writable. Check your config and permission settings!"

I rent webspace and currently have SSH access to set up a few things.  So I am trying to be as quick as possible.  I get Permission Denied on chgrp and chown commands for the various conf/data permissions setups.  In an effort to make it work I tried the old 777 but that didn't work.

The data directory does exist, and its relative path to my subnet basedir is correct.

I have a good relationship with my (small) host, so getting his personal help in fixing things is possible.  What's the next step?
benpollinger #2
Member since Jul 2006 · 8 posts
Having just cracked an odd problem with DW on my new host, I can only suggest a bit of trial and error - worked for me! see my post in this forum.

In your local.php, try different variations on:
$conf['savedir']     = './data';

And loading /doku.php?do=check is helpful in checking things.

HTH,
Ben
www.pollinger.org.uk
www.psyclick.org.uk
grayside #3
User title: dre:glass
Member since Jul 2006 · 3 posts
My initial quote above is from a doku.php?do=check.
And playing with the ./data just further emphasizes it is a permissions issue.

Ah, chmod 777 data/* did the trick.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2020-02-26, 13:28:18 (UTC +01:00)