Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration RSS
Blinky and css files
tom_c #1
Member since Jan 2011 · 33 posts · Location: Hackettstown, NJ, US
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Blinky and css files
I installed Blinky and pulled in my existing templates.  However it does not seem to be bringing in my css files like it was doing in Weathermax.  In Firebug I see "this element has no style rules".  Is there something special to do to include the css files?
Tom
turnermm (Moderator) #2
Member since Oct 2009 · 4696 posts · Location: Canada
Group memberships: Global Moderators, Members, Super Mods
Have you cleaned out your cache?
Myron Turner
github: https://github.com/turnermm
plugins, templates: http://www.mturner.org/devel
ach (Administrator) #3
Member since May 2006 · 1931 posts · Location: Folkestone, UK
Group memberships: Administrators, Members, Super Mods, Wiki Managers
Which template are you using?

Binky includes a LESS parser now, which means (among other things) that any CSS syntax error will be *fatal* and will result in no CSS at all. In a modern browser you will see the exact error message.
tom_c #4
Subject: Closed
Thanks.  Looking at the css response using Firebug on Firefox shows a bunch of css errors.  Hopefully there are just repeats of the same error. Such as my style.ini puts the color hex code in " ".
ach (Administrator) #5
Sorry, I didn't mean to write "any CSS syntax error". You will only have problems with some (not all the ones you see in Firebug). You can find a list of known problems in templates and plugins here: https://www.dokuwiki.org/devel:less-errors

Again, which template are you using?
tom_c #6
The template is my own. It had started as the "A new Day" template but has since been modified significantly.  I did get it working fixing the css error I mentioned and have not gone on to fix other errors.  When things don't work right I now check my css.
Thanks
Tom
rvbelanger #7
Member since Sep 2012 · 2 posts
Subject: Installed Blinky now I have fatal CSS error
error states "a fatal error occurred during compilation of the CSS files.  .... [parse error: failed at 'height: expression( this.scrollHeight>300 ? "300px" : "auto");' in /lib/plugins/indexmenu/style.css at line 131]  I am using the default template.  How do I resolve this?
ach (Administrator) #8
Quote by rvbelanger:
error states "a fatal error occurred during compilation of the CSS files.  .... [parse error: failed at 'height: expression( this.scrollHeight>300 ? "300px" : "auto");' in /lib/plugins/indexmenu/style.css at line 131]  I am using the default template.  How do I resolve this?

Just update the indexmenu plugin. I believe that has been fixed in the latest version.
JRR #9
Member since Nov 2013 · 1 post
In reply to post #7
Quote by rvbelanger:
Exactly the same here. Did an update of indexmenue solve this? Which version? Tnx JR
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-09-16, 22:58:54 (UTC +02:00)