Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General Help and Support Templates and Layout RSS
how to use sidebar??
lyykitty #1
Member since Jul 2007 · 5 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: how to use sidebar??
Hello everyone, i have just started to use dokuwiki for a project collecting documents and reports from about 20 people. i´ve installed monobook and want to use the side bar just the way like in wikipedia. but i can not figure out how to write anything into the sidebar like under navigation. i´m a total beginner so hope u guys can help me:)

oh, still have another question: about 20 Authors should be allowed to write articles for this wiki. There should be a roll-down window in the edit page, which contains, say, 15 keywords that r defined from the admin. the author chooses one or some keywords which r relevant to his article and starts to write the title und text. There will be a funktion for keywords search as well.

thank u very much, kitty
chi #2
Member since Jun 2006 · 1851 posts · Location: Munich Germany
Group memberships: Members, Super Mods, Wiki Managers
Hi,

first: please don`t cross-post (just use the subforum you think your question fits best)!  It`s ok to cross-post between different language forums though ;-).

Quote by lyykitty:
Hello everyone, i have just started to use dokuwiki for a project collecting documents and reports from about 20 people. i´ve installed monobook and want to use the side bar just the way like in wikipedia. but i can not figure out how to write anything into the sidebar like under navigation. i´m a total beginner so hope u guys can help me:)

I don`t know the monobook template very well, but I think for this you`ll either have to edit the main.php in your template directory or have a look at how monobook handles the navigation page so you may just reuse its code for your purpose.

Quote by lyykitty:
oh, still have another question: about 20 Authors should be allowed to write articles for this wiki. There should be a roll-down window in the edit page, which contains, say, 15 keywords that r defined from the admin. the author chooses one or some keywords which r relevant to his article and starts to write the title und text. There will be a funktion for keywords search as well.

I think the addnewpage plugin [1] or the tag plugin [2] could be of use for that.

[1] http://wiki.splitbrain.org/plugin:addnewpage
[2] http://wiki.splitbrain.org/plugin:tag
Please add [SOLVED] to the initial thread subject if you feel your question has been answered.
If my answer doesn't make sense maybe your question didn't either - just visit http://facepalm.org.
Lucifiel #3
Member since Jul 2007 · 6 posts
Group memberships: Members
Are you referring to the "Navigation" menu?

Currently, when using monobook as a template for Dokuwiki, some might encounter issues with editing the Navigation menu. As far as I know, this issue is likely resolved with the latest version of Dokuwiki but who knows? 

A workaround I've discovered so far is to upload navigation.txt in /wiki/data/pages . However, be warned that you won't be able to edit the Navigation menu internally. You will only be able to change the Navigation menu by editing "navigation.txt"
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-08-23, 16:04:34 (UTC +02:00)