Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General Help and Support Plugins Plugin Wishlist RSS
Better dokumentation by using PC inputs like, Sound, WebCam, RS232 Streams other website snapeshots.
Liloba #1
Member since Mar 2014 · 2 posts · Location: Berlin
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Better dokumentation by using PC inputs like, Sound, WebCam, RS232 Streams other website snapeshots.
Hi,
I am new hier and I guess I have to improve my english for that forum.
I do like the Idea of a DokuWiki but now I had started to have my own, and I can not find any tools to have a better dokumentation of my Projekts then with other tools/Wikis.
For example: I think a second Image source would be nice. Using the webcam to take a picture of whatever I like to keep records. Same for Sound using the soundcard. Or maybe a record of a RS232 stream, a Input of CSV-Files. Some Oscilloskope have lan and provide a website an that is also a perfekt source for a very good dokumentation.
Can you see what I meen? I would like to get tools for the dokumentation, implementet in dokuwiki.
For me, the idea with the webcam is the most importend one.
What du you think?

Liloba
poll
Poll: Makes it sense to have additional sources for dokumentation work.
(One vote · 50%) WebCam as a source
(0 votes ·   0%) Soundcard as a source
(One vote · 50%) Other Websites (oscilloscope)
(0 votes ·   0%) CSV Files
(0 votes ·   0%) Other
(0 votes ·   0%) You are an idiot!
This poll has ended in Mar 2014 · 2 votes
andi (Administrator) #2
User title: splitbrain
Member since May 2006 · 3432 posts · Location: Berlin Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Webcam is an interesting one, but using your mobile phone to snap pictures might be an even better usecase.
Read this if you don't get any useful answers.
Lies dies wenn du keine hilfreichen Antworten bekommst.
Michitux #3
Member since Apr 2008 · 377 posts · Location: Karlsruhe, Germany
Group memberships: Members, Wiki Managers
Have a look at the blog post about integrating iPhone photography with wiki for note-taking during conference for some ideas of how this could work with screenshots and iPhone photos.
Did you like my help or work for DokuWiki (plugins)? Consider giving something back.
Liloba #4
Member since Mar 2014 · 2 posts · Location: Berlin
Many thanks for the information,
For me i think, a Picture from a Mobilephone is nice. But there are many ways to get some Images to a Community platform. Webcam would be more interested for dokumentation in smal labs.
For Example: after an experiment you want to create the log on the lab computer with DokuWiki. The computer has a webcam. Simple case. Use it. It is not necessary to make a transmission with the mobile phone. And mybe it is not allowed.
Can anyone tell me how to get to the Realizations of these funktion.
have a nice evening
Liloba
saskil #5
Member since Sep 2018 · 1 post
Hello
I also use my webcam to make the captures live, but the option of using the mobile phone seems much more practical. I will try to put it into practice from now on to speed up my work
Chat webcam tube
Samana Johann #6
Member since Jun 2018 · 174 posts · Location: Aural/Cambodia
Not sure if that matches the Op's idea or vision: If thinking on tools used on certain teaching platforms (see possible Educational technology), like an in-build recorder (audio or video), which makes it easy to provide such files (players are already given by fall-back players, such would be indeed great, but possible a source problem using tools and recorders of third parts. Actually the standard especially language education (Goethe Institute work a great amount with such platforms already worldwide, possible specially in Asia and countries accessing i-net from 0 to 90% in very sort time) and surely a "future-real" reallity while beings desire the realm of internet more and more. Guessing DModdle-alike things (of which my person came across once. possible some inspirations.)

The benefit is that the user would not need to have certain software and much burden with up-load, putting links... Something similar to tablets/phones: a possibility to use an inbuild recoder instead of selecting an existing file.
This post was edited 3 times, last on 2018-09-15, 19:08 by Samana Johann.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-06-17, 03:01:12 (UTC +02:00)