Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: contact plugin works fine, moderncontact doesn't
I used the contact plugin for some time on a
  2009-12-25b "Lemming"
dokuwiki and it works fine.
Now I get spams quite often und found the moderncontact plugin:
https://www.dokuwiki.org/plugin:contactmodern
It is meant to work very similar to the original one, only it allows recaptcha.
So I installed 'moderncontact' (and deactivated 'contact') and configured it with a recaptcha key.
BUT now the page renders only a media icon with the name 'contact' and not the form.

Switching back to 'contact' and deactivating 'moderncontact' works fine.
What can be the cause of the failure?
DjR #2
Member since Aug 2009 · 10 posts · Location: Edinburgh, UK
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Works for me . . .
This is an old note, so possibly stale. I was just looking for a contact plugin for my dokuwiki site, and did a little forum search first. I opted to try "contactmodern" first, and it is working splendidly "out of the box".

My site is current stable (2014-05-05a "Ponder Stibbons") - is it just that you need to upgrade from the version mentioned in the original post (2009-12-25b "Lemming")? It isn't 100% clear whether this is still the version you're running.

Anyway, I thought it worth noting that I've had good experience with "Modern Contact" (a.k.a. "contactmodern") - FWIW.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2020-02-26, 15:33:51 (UTC +01:00)