Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General Help and Support Features and Functionality RSS
How to repopulate/"touch" recent changes list
futanari.org #1
Member since May 2014 · 6 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: How to repopulate/"touch" recent changes list
I have been managing a dokuwiki for about 5 years now, and recently during an update to the software I came across a problem with the recent changes listing. The do=recent only lists the past 3 page changes, and past 7 file changes, EVEN THOUGH there are more recent changes.

I don't have shell access, so if there is a php script that could be run to repopulate/refresh the list to display last 6 months of changes please forward me to do so.

Wiki in question (NSFW):
http://futanari.org/wiki/start?do=recent
andi (Administrator) #2
User title: splitbrain
Member since May 2006 · 3500 posts · Location: Berlin Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
The changelog gets trimmed automatically to recent_days. Changelogs for individual pages are kept forever. So it should be possible to reconstruct the changelog from the individual change logs but I know of no script or plugin to do so.
Read this if you don't get any useful answers.
Lies dies wenn du keine hilfreichen Antworten bekommst.
Michitux #3
Member since Apr 2008 · 377 posts · Location: Karlsruhe, Germany
Group memberships: Members, Wiki Managers
Quote by andi:
The changelog gets trimmed automatically to recent_days. Changelogs for individual pages are kept forever. So it should be possible to reconstruct the changelog from the individual change logs but I know of no script or plugin to do so.

Actually there is a very simple script at tips:recreate_wiki_change_log but unfortunately it requires shell access on the server. Rewriting the same in PHP should be possible.
Did you like my help or work for DokuWiki (plugins)? Consider giving something back.
futanari.org #4
Member since May 2014 · 6 posts
Group memberships: Members
Quote by Michitux:
Quote by andi:

Actually there is a very simple script at tips:recreate_wiki_change_log but unfortunately it requires shell access on the server. Rewriting the same in PHP should be possible.

Yea, that script is what I've seen before, I just thought there was a PHP method to do it.
I don't even realize how the changelist got broken anyway.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-11-20, 01:14:34 (UTC +01:00)