Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General Help and Support Features and Functionality RSS
Breadcrumbs & YouAreHere
dsiME #1
Member since May 2014 · 20 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Breadcrumbs & YouAreHere
I'm either confused by the YouAreHere configuration or something is broken in my installation (probably the former). The trace feature is confusing to people in my organization, and a regular hierarchical breadcrumb is desired, but the YouAreHere gives the start and current location while not showing the in between steps. For example:

Start > Department > Orientation is the flow of the clicks. Start is always present, and "department" is present at first (i.e. Start >> Department, but once "Orientation" is clicked the user sees Start >> Orientation. The expected display is Start >> Department >> Orientation.

Is this how YouAreHere functions? Is the way we expect it to work possible?
Rene #2
Member since Jan 2014 · 191 posts
Did you create directory's / namespaces manually i.e. outside Dokuwiki ?

Did you check the path of a file with its place in the index : doku.php?do=index

May reindexing helps  : https://www.dokuwiki.org/plugin:searchindex
dsiME #3
None of my namespaces were made outside of the wiki. All were created by making links to pages that didn't exist and then making the page once clicking on the link.

Going to "doku.php?do=index" just lists the sitemap, where all namespaces are listed in alphabetical order. There is no single one that is a child of another. There is, in blue, "wiki" which has has "dokuwiki", "syntax", and "welcome" as children pages.

I feel I've done something wrong with my pages.
turnermm (Moderator) #4
Member since Oct 2009 · 4785 posts · Location: Canada
Group memberships: Global Moderators, Members, Super Mods
In reply to post #2
Rene, my apologies. :blush: I accidentally removed your post, which refers the OP to the move plugin:  https://www.dokuwiki.org/doku.php?id=plugin:move.  The idea being, I believe, that the safest way to move pages between namespaces is by means of that plugin.  (I thought I was deleting my own post, but as we know once you click the button, there's no turning back!)

My own comment was to be that if @dsiME gets the wiki hierarchy, then his sitemap appears to be working.  So I'm wondering whether he has in fact created namespaces. The way to check for that is to click on the internal link icon and see if there are separate directories earch with pages of its own. Or to check the media directory to see if media files have been saved in a hierarchy of folders.
Myron Turner
github: https://github.com/turnermm
plugins, templates: http://www.mturner.org/devel
Rene #5
Member since Jan 2014 · 191 posts
No hard feeling Myron. ;-)

As the OP mentioned

To make it clear for dsiME :
You can move your existing pages to the desired namespace by using the move plugin, mentioned before : https://www.dokuwiki.org/plugin:move
andi (Administrator) #6
User title: splitbrain
Member since May 2006 · 3528 posts · Location: Berlin Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
In reply to post #3
Quote by dsiME:
There is no single one that is a child of another.

Hierarchical breadcrumbs make sense for a hierarchical structure only. You do not have any hierarchy.

Quote by dsiME:

Not necessarily. A flat structure is a valid and often good approach to a wiki. But there is no way DokuWiki can build you a hierarchical navigation from it.
Read this if you don't get any useful answers.
Lies dies wenn du keine hilfreichen Antworten bekommst.
dsiME #7
Thank you for the replies. When writing my first response to my original post I realized that I had a flat structure (from looking at the sitemap). I realize the hierarchical navigation can't exist without me making it so...I just didn't know at first I wasn't making it so.

I took a look at ...\dokuwiki\data\pages and there is only the wiki folder (namespace) and all my pagenames (txt files) unorganized. I guess my question changes then, and becomes how do I make pages that fall in under a particular namespace? Apparently my method of making pages just creates a flat structure.

In addition to this question, my worry is how do users that don't understand namespaces and pagenames do the correct thing?
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2020-02-26, 15:33:34 (UTC +01:00)