authldap: multiple usertree and multiple grouptree
Multiple usertree and grouptree into LDAP Auth plugin: Active Directory
rgtobr #1
Member since Jun 2013 · 4 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: authldap: multiple usertree and multiple grouptree
Dear,

My suggestion is create a way to permit the authldap plugin use multiple usertree and multiple grouptree. For example, my scenary:

- my admin usertree:
cn=users,dc=my,dc=domain,dc=com
- my admin grouptree:
ou=groups,dc=my,dc=domain,dc=com
- all others usertree:
ou=mycompanyusers,dc=my,dc=domain,dc=com
- all others grouptree:
ou=mygroupusers,dc=my,dc=domain,dc=com

How to solve this today? I don't know. If somebody have any suggestion I thank you since now.
snuffy #2
Member since Jan 2018 · 6 posts
I realise this is a few years old, I'm facing the same requirement... multiple OUs.

I need to do this:

$conf['plugin']['authldap']['usertree']    = 'ou=Users,ou=company- UK,dc=company-IT,dc=LAN';
$conf['plugin']['authldap']['usertree']    = 'ou=Users,ou=company- India,dc=company-IT,dc=LAN';

And the same for 'grouptree'

Two OUs at the same top level, directly under the company level, so no common parent OU.

Any suggestions? Does the authAD plugin permit this usecase?
snuffy #3
Member since Jan 2018 · 6 posts
Our users were in two physical locations, so we were able to use the following based on their IP addresses:

if ($_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] == "65.65.65.65" || $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] == "10.10.10.5") {
    $conf['plugin']['authldap']['usertree']    = 'ou=Users,ou=company - India,dc=company-IT,dc=LAN';
    $conf['plugin']['authldap']['grouptree']   = 'ou=Users,ou=company - India,dc=company-IT,dc=LAN';
} else {
    $conf['plugin']['authldap']['usertree']    = 'ou=Users,ou=company - UK,dc=company-IT,dc=LAN';
    $conf['plugin']['authldap']['grouptree']   = 'ou=Users,ou=company - UK,dc=company-IT,dc=LAN';
}
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-04-25, 02:17:12 (UTC +02:00)