Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General Help and Support Features and Functionality RSS
Hide hidden directories from breadcrumbs as well
salto #1
Member since Aug 2007 · 20 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Hide hidden directories from breadcrumbs as well
In the advanced features of ACL I hide pages/directories with regexp. That works fine for the index, but the hidden directories still show up in the hierarchical Breadcrumbs/you are here.
I am using the arctic template.
I use
^.*?:this$|^.*?:that$|^.*?:whatever$ etc
as syntax for the regexp.
I have no idea if hiding directories in the ACL should be reflected in the breadcrumbs as well, or if I have to enable that somewhere else in a config. Or maybe my regexp syntax is not correct....?
Any advise moste welcome.
andi (Administrator) #2
User title: splitbrain
Member since May 2006 · 3497 posts · Location: Berlin Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
There is no hiding feature within ACLs. Are you talking about the hidepages option? It is *not* a security feature but will just prevent those pages to be shown in search results or RSS feeds. If you directly open such a page it will be displayed as every other page. Showinhg it in "You are here" is only consequent as you *are* on that page ;-)
Read this if you don't get any useful answers.
Lies dies wenn du keine hilfreichen Antworten bekommst.
salto #3
Yes, I do mean the hidepages option Andi. I know it is just cosmetic and that is what I use it for. I have noticed that some directories are confusing for low-experienced users, therefore I hide these from the navigation tree in the sidebar and create an frontpage from where they can easy navigate to the main topics. It's only about looks and presentation, but in this case I have to reckon with for the greater part inexperienced users.
ach (Administrator) #4
Member since May 2006 · 1944 posts · Location: Folkestone, UK
Group memberships: Administrators, Members, Super Mods, Wiki Managers
But if the hidden directories are hidden in a way that unexperienced users will never access them, it is impossible to show up in their breadcrumbs!?! (Unless you are speaking of "you are here" and also have a badly structured wiki.)
salto #5
They do show up if any page in that hidden namespace (directory) is accessed. Which proofs the script is flawless  :-)
ach (Administrator) #6
Member since May 2006 · 1944 posts · Location: Folkestone, UK
Group memberships: Administrators, Members, Super Mods, Wiki Managers
But they cannot show up, because the hidden namespaces will not be accessed (by an inexperienced user)! The breadcrumbs are only shown per user ...!
When will an inexperienced user ever be on a page in a hidden namespace? Never! Thus, that link will never occur in his breadcrumbs!
salto #7
Wish I could show you the miracle in action ach, but it is a private wiki. Meanwhile managed a workaround with htaccess directives.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-11-12, 06:00:40 (UTC +01:00)