Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: Community User Meetings RSS
Is there interest in a user meeting in the Netherlands?
is er interesse voor een meeting in Nederland?
Page:  1  2  next 
HMJR #1
Member since May 2010 · 13 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Is there interest in a user meeting in the Netherlands?
We think there are a lot of Dokuwiki user in the Netherlands. Is there interest in a user meeting in the Netherlands?
Please give us some feedback.

In dutch:
Wij denken dat er in Nederland vele Dokuwiki gebruikers zijn. is er interesse voor een meeting in Nederland?
Graag reacties.
Klap-in #2
Member since Nov 2009 · 239 posts · Location: Alkmaar, The Netherlands
Group memberships: Documentation Team, Members
Interessant! Als ik kan ben ik erbij.
andi (Administrator) #3
User title: splitbrain
Member since May 2006 · 3474 posts · Location: Berlin Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
I'll be in Amsterdam next week, I'd be happy to join if you guys organize something.
Read this if you don't get any useful answers.
Lies dies wenn du keine hilfreichen Antworten bekommst.
HMJR #4
Member since May 2010 · 13 posts
Sorry Andi, we're not able to organise a meeting on such a short notice.  As soon as we know more we will inform you and of course, you're invited.
Best regards,

Henk
feed #5
User title: feed
Member since May 2013 · 15 posts · Location: Enschede, Netherlands
I'm back to using DokuWiki again and (obviously) depending on  the date and location, I would gladly join a user meeting!
A central place in .nl would be great, but I could maybe help and facilitate/supply location in the eastern part, near Enschede to be specific.

Harriet
johan #6
Member since Jun 2012 · 8 posts · Location: The Netherlands
Interesting. I've been a basic Dokuwiki-user for approx. 4 years, introduced DokuWiki to my research group, use it in my startup-company and privately as an "extension of my brain". I've not exactly added much value to DokuWiki, but just "consumed" what others created, only reporting minor bugs. I do can buy you a beer though :-)

Location options:

- Utrecht, or the very-far-east-almost-Germany Enschede would be nice.
- Right next to trainstation Enschede Centraal: La Cucina (previously Media Art Café Berlijn) www.lacucina-enschede.nl (site could be temporarily down).
- a university building somewhere in NL...

Topic options:

- how secure is data on my Dokuwiki? (difficult for me, I know not much about it)
- how to integrate image-management of hundreds of SVG-vector (viva Inkscape) images, currently on a local harddrive, corresponding to hundreds equivalent saved-as-png-images plus text on many wiki pages?
- celebrate how cool and smooth the MathJax integration works for Latex (bit nerdy, I know) :-)
- show how the continuity of development of DokuWiki can be safeguarded
- how to structure your wiki
feed #7
We could use the University of Twente for a location.

Topic options:
  *  HowTo structure your wiki: sounds good
  * plugin:MathJax celebrations sounds fine. Just activated it a couple of months ago for some of my wiki users. They use it, it works fine and it looks great! And sure, I'll celebrate! ;-)
  * I'll try and get some answers/ideas from my wikis' userbase for you regarding your image management

Harriet
brend #8
Member since Jul 2010 · 10 posts · Location: Enschede, The Netherlands
I would love to join!
feed #9
Subject: Is enschede too far away?
Hi all,

1. Is Enschede too far away for ppl from e.g. Noord-Holland or the Flevopolder?
2. Are we going to organise a meeting no matter the number of planned attendents?

Harriet
simonxml #10
Member since Mar 2008 · 2 posts
Subject: Me Me Me Me Me!
I installed dokuwiki as our internal wiki at Quintiq in Den Bosch more than 10 years ago with a view to documenting our source code. It grew (1200+ users across 3 continents, 18000+ topics, > 7 GB of media files) and we now also use it for all our documentation and, cloning part of the content, for our customer support at support.quintiq.com.

We have integrated dokuwiki links into our software as part of the GUI, and have partially automated the topic production process by creating dokuwiki content code directly from C++ libraries and we have a server extension that triggers an email only when a topic does not exist at the end of the link in our software.

In addition, we use a dokuwiki-on-a-stick snapshot to provide a frozen copy of the documentation for escrow.

I am now working on a  dokuwiki-on-a-stick implementation that will allow "private" wiki to be used for local end-use application documentation.

Please DO organize a user meeting, I would LOVE the chance to compare notes with other user and/or developers. (nederlands is absoluut geen probleem). And, if anyone is interested, I would be delighted to show off what we have done. Also, if there is anything I can do to assist with organising things, please do let me know.

Simon North
Senior Technical Writer, R&D
Quintiq, 's Hertogenbosch
brend #11
Member since Jul 2010 · 10 posts · Location: Enschede, The Netherlands
I'm also very interested in a user meeting!

I'd say that we organize it regardless of the number of planned attendants. If we do not, we'll be locked in the current 'waiting for replies' -> 'unsure if I can go' cycle forever. I think it best to pick a date (or get some input through Doodle?) and go with it.

(Besides, 5 of the posters in this thread showed interest already -- that's enough to have a good discussion ^_^)
feed #12
Subject: Doodle for a date/time
Hi All,

I created a Doodle to help us settle on a date and time.
Please bring out your vote and/or post a comment at:

http://doodle.com/5bxtukk2vxc4rgvv

Looking forward to meeting more DW users!

Regards,
Harriet
feed #13
OK, it looks like we have a date:

Friday June 12th 2015.

See also: https://www.dokuwiki.org/devel:usermeetings:netherlands:ju…

Regards,
Harriet
xen #14
Member since Mar 2015 · 23 posts
I don't think I will have the money to travel to Enschede in June.

Also, I am just a mediocre DokuWiki user ;-).

It is a shame there is not a better way on the internet these days to "hang out". I guess that's what Google Hangouts is for. But it never really caught my fancy. IRC is not really the same.

How can you organise a meeting online in a better way so as to not make the DREMPEL so high? :P.

IRC is just boring people or people who are not really there and no one ever responds, at least that's the way it is on much of freenode.

I mean a text-chat hangout, nothing visual or auditory.
dma_k #15
User title: Dmitry Katsubo
Member since Aug 2008 · 42 posts
In reply to post #9
Quote by feed on 2015-02-24, 14:35:
1. Is Enschede too far away for ppl from e.g. Noord-Holland or the Flevopolder?
Dear all,

I would love to be present and meet other Dokuwiki users, however as I will be travelling from The Hague the start time at 14:00 is a bit sharp for me (I would need to do something else in the morning on 12th of June). Would it be possible to shift the timeframe to 15:00-18:00?

P.S. As the addendum, will somebody be interested in exchanging the PGP signatures?
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Page:  1  2  next 
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-09-23, 20:00:12 (UTC +02:00)