Forum: General Help and Support Plugins Plugin Wishlist RSS
Plugin to register user's activity by date an hour
Ronin #1
Member since Sep 2012 · 3 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Plugin to register user's activity by date an hour
Hello.
I have an Operator team which sit in the night and watch for servers and data transfers. I would like to use Dokuwiki as some kind of Event Viewer.  I need some plugin which will have option to store all events which will happen during their night shift. Then I need to share this info to other departments. For example:

Date...........Hour....Techician....Domain.............Notes.....
2015-02-03 02:15  John Rambo  AS400 Servers   Problem with transfers from server A to server B - restarted FTP service
2015-02-03 03:11  Joe Black     Windows Server  Printer error on logistics platform - switched to secondary printer

It would be perfect If there will be a monthly view and option to look for events by technician or date.

Any information will be helpful

Thanks in advance.
Dr-Yukon #2
User title: Rainbow_Spike
Member since Jun 2012 · 31 posts · Location: Russia, Primorsky Kray
Group memberships: Members
Hmm...
If you want to see events on wiki - use its RSS
If you want to see some user editions - use userhistory plugin
If you want to see events from another sites - use {{rss> }} syntax

For your problem - use standart wiki table syntax
|  Date  |  Hour  |  Techician  |  Domain  |  Notes  |

Or use exttab3 plugin - it work with mediawiki table syntax
{| align="center"
|Date||Hour||Techician||Domain||Notes
|-
|}

Also you can try to use constuction from personal lists (by include plugin) with sorting by date by sortablejs plugin but I'm not sure for this variant. Maybe can help blog plugin or any news plugins with date management
https://comicslate.org
Taggic (Moderator) #3
Member since Jan 2011 · 777 posts · Location: Gilching, Germany
Group memberships: Global Moderators, Members
In reply to post #1
Hi,

if such log to be created manually by your team members you could check http://www.fristercons.de/fcon/doku.php?id=tips:xstt:start if that is similar to your needs. Adaptation and extension should not be that complicated.

if your Events are delivered from some certain tool then you have to specify your requirements more detailed.

br
Taggic
best regards
Taggic
f-con wiki: http://www.fristercons.de/fcon/
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-08-21, 07:01:19 (UTC +02:00)