Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General Help and Support Plugins RSS
include-plugin: no "structured data plugin"- data displayed
virk #1
Member since Aug 2008 · 609 posts · Location: Aachen, Germany
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: include-plugin: no "structured data plugin"- data displayed
When I display pages with the "help" of the "include plugin", the ---- data …----- content of the "structured data plugin" is not displayed, while the content shows well, if I the pages are displayed separately. Can anybody confirm this and probably has a solution?
virk #2
Last week-end I found a posting, I think on GitHub, where this "problem" is further described, but now I no longer remember, where I have seen that.
Has somebody probably got an idea or a solution concerning this?
turnermm (Moderator) #3
Member since Oct 2009 · 4675 posts · Location: Canada
Group memberships: Global Moderators, Members, Super Mods
In reply to post #1
I've been watching this thread to see if someone came up with a solution, because it could have some bearing on users of ckgedit and fckg.  And I see this morning that you've posted to the German forum.

I have no solution, but I can confirm that your experience is correct:  the data entry form does not display in the included page while it does display when the data entry page is accessed separately.   I believe I see the reason for this. The data entry form is attached to  a particular page. When the data entry form is on page_1 and included in page_2, it does not display on page_2.  But when you access page_2 separately, there it is.
Myron Turner
github: https://github.com/turnermm
plugins, templates: http://www.mturner.org/devel
virk #4
In my opinion this behaviour is not "correct". Let
dataset 1 be attached to page01
dataset 2 be attached to page02
dataset n be attached to page n

If "I" now display a page x with
{{page>page01}}
{{page>page02}}

{{page>page n}}

then I do not understand, why everything is displayed on this page x with the exception of the data sets of the include plugin. The person who is using the include-commands obviously knows what he's doing: He is not displaying one page, but he is displaying a lot of pages bbeneath each other.

The reason, why I think such a feature to be senseful is that with this feature you could display more data sets (each one on a individual page) on "one page" which is glued together with the help of the include-plugin.

Currently I do not see the disadvantage of my point of view; perhaps there are technical issues, which I am not familiar with.
Michitux #5
Member since Apr 2008 · 377 posts · Location: Karlsruhe, Germany
Group memberships: Members, Wiki Managers
This is the issue on GitHub: https://github.com/dokufreaks/plugin-include/issues/83

I agree including data entries might make sense for showing them, I might implement this some day. As always, patches (best: pull requests) are welcome.
Did you like my help or work for DokuWiki (plugins)? Consider giving something back.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-07-23, 14:24:57 (UTC +02:00)