Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General Help and Support Plugins Plugin Wishlist RSS
Anonymous subscribes
zioth #1
Member since Jul 2011 · 77 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Anonymous subscribes
Right now, only logged-in users can subscribe to page updates. I'd like to write a plugin that allows anonymous users to subscribe with an email address. Is this even possible? Is there an action I can intercept to add email addresses to the subscribe list? Would I have to modify the indexer?
Dr-Yukon #2
User title: Rainbow_Spike
Member since Jun 2012 · 31 posts · Location: Russia, Primorsky Kray
simply advertise DokuWiki's RSS feeds on start page. DokuWiki have the global feed in %your_URI%/feed.php and partial feeds for each folder in %your_URI%/feed.php?mode=list&ns=%your_folder:or_subfolder%. look at browser's option "page source code" and you will see it
https://comicslate.org
zioth #3
Member since Jul 2011 · 77 posts
That's a nice idea, but RSS is dwindling in popularity, while everyone uses email. If I can't figure out the plugin, I might show the subscribe button to anonymous users and teach them about RSS when they click it.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-05-26, 22:29:34 (UTC +02:00)