Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General Help and Support Plugins Plugin Wishlist RSS
Drag and Drop picture uploader
renfield #1
Member since Jun 2015 · 1 post
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Drag and Drop picture uploader
The current media manager requires many steps to get an image into a wiki page.
1. open media manager
2. upload
3. link back into document

This request is for a drag and drop uploader that will allow a user with edit permissions for a page to drag an image to a drop zone target point in the page (perhaps in sidebar), have the image upload and link in the document at the point where the cursor last was in the text.

There are many jquery and html5 drag and drop tools, but I am unsure how to get them into plug in form for doku.
SFITCS #2
User title: Scott Ferguson
Member since Dec 2014 · 464 posts · Location: Canberra, Australia
Subject: Me too! (please)
I'd also like to be able to offer user drag'n'drop or paste funtionality for images.

I've noticed there are two plugins that do that already - but not are not optimal:-

.https://www.dokuwiki.org/plugin:imgpaste imgpaste only works with the chrome browser
  .https://www.dokuwiki.org/plugin:supa supa is fairly old, and requires Oracle Java installed

I can't comment on either of them as I don't use Chrome, and won't install Java on my web-servers (for security reasons). I only discovered them as I was interested in similar functionality.

You might be able to modify the solution I found for my own editing purposes, to suit your particular platform:-

Beneath my home directory I have a directory called webservers, which contains directories named after each web-server installation of dokuwiki. Each of those directories is a sshfs mounted file system of the relevant dokuwiki media root directory.
e.g. /home/scott/webservers/foobar is actually sshfs://$somehtmlserver:$sshport/home/foo/public_html/wiki/data/media/

NOTE: sshfs is a secure remote file protocol used by 'nux. I "assume" Windows may have an implementation, perhaps from a third party - or you can try WebDAV.

Any images I drop or edit in /home/scott/webservers/foobar are actually in the root directory of the Dokuwiki Media manager on the relevant HTML web-server. If the wiki at foobar.com.au has a sub-directory (namespace) called baz it'll be call /home/scott/webservers/foobar/baz

I realise that may not be much help for other users of your public wiki - which is why I was also looking for the same type of plugin.

NOTE: I don't actually work on live wikis, just the copies on a local (private) webserver - then when I've checked the results, I use rsync to synchronise the changes to the live (public) wikis. I recommend you do the same as accidents can happen, and get noticed by search engines and users before you're aware of them.

Hope that helps
ach (Administrator) #3
Member since May 2006 · 1946 posts · Location: Folkestone, UK
Group memberships: Administrators, Members, Super Mods, Wiki Managers
In reply to post #1
Quote by renfield on 2015-06-23, 14:23:
1. open media manager
2. upload
3. link back into document

This request is for a drag and drop uploader

You might not have noticed as it's relatively hidden, but you can drag and drop images into the media manager (just drop close to where the upload button is).
Although that only makes step 2 quicker and steps 1 and 3 are still needed.
SFITCS #4
User title: Scott Ferguson
Member since Dec 2014 · 464 posts · Location: Canberra, Australia
Quote by ach:
You might not have noticed as it's relatively hidden, but you can drag and drop images into the media manager (just drop close to where the upload button is).
<snipped>

I hadn't noticed - that's a great feature. Thanks for pointing it out, I've updated my user guides accordingly.
fghhfg #5
Member since Nov 2018 · 1 post
"Dropzone" for images in editor
  https://forum.dokuwiki.org/thread/14980

upload image is very annoy

I need to
click img icon - drag n drop - click upload - click img url - click insert.

How about just drag n drop in editor to let me upload and auto insert image syntax in position?

---
https://www.dokuwiki.org/plugin:imgpaste  only work if your image in clipboard, ex: screenshot.
  the xxx.jpg files on your pc don't work.
This post was edited on 2018-11-15, 12:45 by fghhfg.
fstorck_dw #6
Member since May 2018 · 4 posts · Location: Berlin
There is a solution:

https://www.dokuwiki.org/plugin:dropfiles

The drawback is that it doesn't work with e.g. the Codemirror plugin. But it directly adds the media files and the link to the namespace were you edit the file ( you can specify a bit of naming etc.) and will create the link in the editor.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-11-17, 12:34:14 (UTC +01:00)