Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration RSS
Need permissions to edit pages
jedson #1
Member since Jul 2006 · 19 posts · Location: Virginia
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Need permissions to edit pages
I took a web page that was built on the dokuwiki program and redesigned it, changing a lot of the layout and formatting. I did this by loading a copy of the entire site in a separate test site and working on that. The original live program was created by someone else – and works fine. All the re-designing worked fine and I almost have what I want. But somehow the ability of people – myself included – to make changes to the pages from within the site has been lost. I get offers to view – but not to edit – the pages I bring up. I have Chmoded everything in sight, so I don't think that's the problem. I have also tried to give everybody permission to edit (write) in the users.auth.php file. Can't see what I need to do.

jedson
koko #2
Member since May 2006 · 161 posts · Location: Zonhoven Belgium
hi,

Is it possible to give us the url from your wiki? So we can take a look at it...
To perform a good check, you can do: doku.php?do=check With this 'command', your wiki is being checked on errors.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
jedson #3
Hi --

This is the one where there is a problem. < http://d80875.tmp28.quadrahosting.com/politicsofhealth.org/ >  This is the site I was working from if that is of any interest. It is still alive and well. < http://www.politicsofhealth.org/ >

I tried that check -- by adding it to the url for the page, which is how I did it before without ill effects. This time it seems to have jammed my page so that I can neither sign in or sign out.  It won't give me any pages at all now -- saying I don't have the permissions and perhaps I need to sign in -- which I am now unable to do. I was still getting the wrinkles out of this page. but the log-in and log-out process was working.  Also all the links in "What's New" and "Area's of Concern" were working -- it was binging up the pages with their attached graphics at least. I couldn't edit them. I still had some work to do with the "Radical Edge" section. Outside links worked and still do -- for example "Papers by David Werner" and the link to the HealthWrights site. I think this this tangle is proof of your "signiture". An idiot is someone who knows just enough to be dangerous.

As I think about this, I may have made the problem worse by messing with that administative options that came up when I signed in. I was trying to get rid of or re-write the current "welcome" document that comes up in the middle of the page.

jedson
jedson #4
Subject: fixed
Hi --

I may have fixed the problem. I had messed up the acl.auth.php file. Restoring the old values there got things up and running again.

jedson
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2020-02-17, 22:29:55 (UTC +01:00)