[joomla 3.x] bridge
how to set up a bridge for joomla
stilgar81f #1
Member since Dec 2015 · 1 post
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: [joomla 3.x] bridge
Hi Everyone,

I would like to install dokuwiki inside my joomla site. I need to bridge the list user to avoid a double login; I've searched for some pre-compiled solution but, even in the dokuwiki help pages, the link for joomla bridge are quite out of date.

Can someone help me?

Thank you very much
PJO #2
Member since Aug 2015 · 9 posts
Did you find a satisfactory solution?

I tried Jfusion but have given up waiting for it to come out of beta. I don't even remember much about now it was so long ago that I tried the first 3.0 beta but I do recall that it was now a one man operation and it seemed too fragile to rely on, compounded by an apparently unsupportive attitude to Dokuwiki from the developer -- who clearly has other priorities.
cziehr #3
Member since Jan 2011 · 634 posts · Location: 10119 Berlin
Since the last release, a new plugin with the name authpdo exists. You can find it here: https://www.dokuwiki.org/plugin:authpdo

With this plugin, it is possible to fetch users from existing databases. It should be possible to use Joomla-databases, although there is no working setup documented yet.

I tried to get a Joomla-DokuWiki-bridge running earlier with the plugin authmysql (which is the earlier version of authpdo), but I had no success. The problem was, that the method of how joomla is hashing the password is unusual, so decrypting the hashed password by the plugin was not successful because the Joomla-algorithm was not implemented. Maybe it would be a better idea to ask for support in the Joomla-community.

I'm also interested in a Joomla-DokuWiki-bridge, but at the moment this is not at the top of my to-do-list.
sancaya #4
Member since Aug 2013 · 40 posts · Location: Vnukovo
I added the settings for AuthPDO plugin:
https://www.dokuwiki.org/plugin:authpdo:joomla
Handling of the users would be done in Joomla, and they could login to DokuWiki with the same Joomla credentials.

For Single Sign-On, it should be pretty straightforward if DokuWiki is on the same domain or in subdomain of Joomla.

For that, we should basically make a Joomla plugin that creates and destroys DokuWiki cookie + session, replicating DokuWiki functions auth_setCookie and auth_logoff.

I might do that.

PS. Or I might try to revise and correct DokuWiki plugin for JFusion.
...Should check...

PPS. More or less working JFusion is here (though DokuWiki plugin needs corrections):
https://github.com/chang-zhao/org.jfusion.jfusion
This post was edited on 2019-11-24, 15:20 by sancaya.
cziehr #5
Member since Jan 2011 · 634 posts · Location: 10119 Berlin
Thank you very much for your efforts.

I'm using the authjoomla3-plugin at the moment, but I will quit using Joomla together with DokuWiki in a few months. But I'm sure your description will help other users.
sancaya #6
Thank you for the information!

Yes, the authjoomla3 plugin does all the configuration and authentication, the same way as by setting AuthPDO.

But for security reasons setting AuthPDO can be better, because unlike authjoomla3 it doesn't access Joomla directory. So we can limit the PHP access of each web sites to each other, with open_basedir.

For example, using NGINX:

location ~ \.php$ {
    try_files        $uri $uri/ /doku.php;
    fastcgi_pass    unix:/run/php-fpm/php-fpm.sock;
    fastcgi_param    SCRIPT_FILENAME    $document_root$fastcgi_script_name;
    fastcgi_param    PHP_VALUE open_basedir="/usr/share/nginx/www/dokuwiki/:/tmp/";
    include        fastcgi_params;
}

So DokuWiki site would have access only to its folder, not to Joomla files. And the user for the database can have very limited rights too, just to read users information.
This post was edited on 2019-11-25, 21:09 by sancaya.
sancaya #7
For further information:

The (last) version of JFusion supposedly worked with AuthMySQL, but doesn't work with AuthPDO, so it should be either implemented (which is a too complex task for me), or abandoned.

Upon investigation, setting DokuWiki cookies from Joomla seems to me not very practical, because DokuWiki encodes (already encrypted) password with several more levels of secrecy, to put it into the cookie for its further validation. Recreating this in Joomla would be complex and probably detrimental security-wise.

Conclusion: for Single Sign-On, it's probably better to use some other solution.

I wonder, what would be the simplest.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-12-06, 09:16:32 (UTC +01:00)