Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: Offtopic Forum Help RSS
titles of read forum postings no longer change from bold to normal
virk #1
Member since Aug 2008 · 576 posts · Location: Aachen, Germany
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: titles of read forum postings no longer change from bold to normal
Up to some weeks ago, in my Browser titles of new postings in the forum appeared in bold. As soon as I read them and turned back to previous site (click onto Browser-icon) , the titles changed to normal font. Now this behaviour is different. They remain bold. I can only have the previous behaviour, if I deactivate the browser cache (Safari, El Capitan, developer menu).
Did I misconfigure something or is this now normal behaviour of forum and Browser?
andi (Administrator) #2
User title: splitbrain
Member since May 2006 · 3358 posts · Location: Berlin Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
works just fine for me. no idea what's going on on your side.
Read this if you don't get any useful answers.
Lies dies wenn du keine hilfreichen Antworten bekommst.
virk #3
I have this behaviour with Safari in El Capitan, Firefox in El Capitan and Safari in Yosemite.
My old computer with Snow Leopard and Safari works as intended.
I think it is related to caching somehow.
turnermm (Moderator) #4
Member since Oct 2009 · 4399 posts · Location: Canada
Group memberships: Global Moderators, Members, Super Mods
I normally use Windows for everyday stuff, but just checked my Mac with El Capitain and did not have that issue with Safari.
Myron Turner
github: https://github.com/turnermm
plugins, templates: http://www.mturner.org/devel
virk #5
Quote by turnermm:
I normally use Windows for everyday stuff, but just checked my Mac with El Capitain and did not have that issue with Safari.

Then perhaps your installation is broken somehow :-)

Shit! In the list of postings of one forum I click on one posting. Browser now displays the content of this post. I read this post and with arrow left in the symbol line (top of browser window) I switch back to "list of postings": The just read posting is still bold. That is shit and I can (only) avoid by deactivating cache.

Anyone else a hint concerning this matter?
turnermm (Moderator) #6
Member since Oct 2009 · 4399 posts · Location: Canada
Group memberships: Global Moderators, Members, Super Mods
In the list of postings of one forum I click on one posting. Browser now displays the content of this post. I read this post and with arrow left in the symbol line (top of browser window) I switch back to "list of postings": The just read posting is still bold.

If I understand you, that seems to be the correct behavior of the browser.   You are simply switching back to the unchanged state of the page.  To have the type face change, you have to hit search and reload the listings.  Or click reload when you've gone back to the listings.   Anyway that's been my experience.
Myron Turner
github: https://github.com/turnermm
plugins, templates: http://www.mturner.org/devel
virk #7
Quote by turnermm:
If I understand you, that seems to be the correct behavior of the browser.   You are simply switching back to the unchanged state of the page.  To have the type face change, you have to hit search and reload the listings.  Or click reload when you've gone back to the listings.   Anyway that's been my experience.

Thank you, Myron! Then the behaviour has changed. Perhaps caching mechanism works "better" in recent browsers, which in my case is a disadvantage :-( But it's good to know that you experience the same behaviour. So I do not need to search further and can continue with my whisky :-)
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2018-12-14, 05:13:34 (UTC +01:00)