Forum: General Help and Support Plugins Plugin Wishlist RSS
Diagrams with Canviz
moisesbr #1
Member since Sep 2016 · 3 posts · Location: Brazil
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Diagrams with Canviz
Hello.

I'm searching for a plugin to make diagrams of graphs (nodes/entities and edges/relationships).

I have tested the following, but each of them has drawbacks:
- ditaa: Needs to execute Java or an external program. My hosting service do not permit such execution.
- graphgear: Blanks the page. It seems that this plugin is not compatible with the last version of Dokuwiki (Elenor of Tsort).
- graphviz: Needs an external program or uses Google's rendering engine which does not provide anti-aliasing (that is, it generates ugly diagrams).
- diagram: Has overly complicated syntax. Besides, all nodes are squares, not circles.

After some searching, I found a JavaScript renderer of graphs in the Graphviz format.
It is called Canviz: https://code.google.com/archive/p/canviz/
You can see it in action here: http://www.ryandesign.com/canviz/

Canviz seems a rather good solution, but unfortunately there is no Dokuwiki plugin for that.
Could someone give some hints how to implement this?

Thank you.
-- Moisés
moisesbr #2
Member since Sep 2016 · 3 posts · Location: Brazil
I have found that Canviz also needs an external program for pre-processing.
LarsDW223 #3
Member since Sep 2014 · 384 posts · Location: Paderborn
graphviz: Needs an external program or uses Google's rendering engine which does not provide anti-aliasing (that is, it generates ugly diagrams).

You can tell graphviz to output files in SVG format. That should look good. Doesn't it?
elraymonds #4
Member since Sep 2013 · 2 posts
My suggestion for OP is Creately online diagramming and collaboration tool. Its not a plugin but a comprehensive diagram package to draw all diagrams that you have mentioned in your questions. You can quickly start off with the templates or get creative with your own design.

@LarsDW223

SVG export quality is very high and its available in the tool I mentioned above. Cheers!
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-03-22, 15:44:28 (UTC +01:00)