Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General Help and Support Plugins Plugin Wishlist RSS
Plugin for specific time to show document is expired
rmgil #1
Member since Sep 2016 · 5 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Plugin for specific time to show document is expired
Is there plugin in docuwiki(published) which can provide us the information the document is expired. Like, setting up the expiration date on documents.
SFITCS #2
User title: Scott Ferguson
Member since Dec 2014 · 463 posts · Location: Canberra, Australia
Sort of. The Timer plugin can be used to hide or reveal a section of a page at a pre-set date. I haven't used it for some time and don't know whether it will still work with the current Dokuwiki.

There is also the fkstimer plugin, which I haven't used.

Either could be modified to send an email alerting you to their expiration.
rmgil #3
I have tried both. No luck.
Timer Plugin does nothing and you get emails but no details about the date only changes made
SFITCS #4
Sorry, they're the only plugins I can think of.

You might try posting to the Plugin Wishlist as it sounds like a function others may want.

[later edit] I notice you have re-posted the same question to a now locked thread (where, confusingly it appears I've been criticised for suggesting that forum be used for it's documented purpose). I didn't mean - re-post the same question, I meant that as you have ascertained there is no plugin that does what you want - request that someone create one that provides that function (and describe the function).
This post was edited 2 times, last on 2016-10-04, 04:11 by SFITCS.
Klap-in #5
Member since Nov 2009 · 239 posts · Location: Alkmaar, The Netherlands
Group memberships: Documentation Team, Members
The publish plugin introduces an approval system, but has no expire date support so far I know.
https://www.dokuwiki.org/plugin:publish
turnermm (Moderator) #6
Member since Oct 2009 · 4605 posts · Location: Canada
Group memberships: Global Moderators, Members, Super Mods
In reply to post #4
Wasn't criticizing you at all -- or anyone for that matter. I just thought, as a matter of policy, we should keep this issue to the one thread. I completely understood your suggestion that the OP try the wish list. To that end, I have a few questions, because I've been watching this thread and checking the available plugins, but I'm really not entirely sure how the OP actually wants this handled.  

1.  Are all pages once created to have an expiry of a set time automatically applied to them? Or only designated pages?
  2.  How is this expiry to be announced? Embedded in the page as in a syntax plugin? As a pop-up message of the kind we see from time to time, for instance when there is a new Dokuwiki distribution available? By email notification to the page creator?
  3. And for whose eyes?   The user who creates the page? or any one who edits it?  Or anyone who accesses it?

Being as specific as possible about these kinds of issues would help anyone who might take it up from the bounty program
There is also wikimatrix
Myron Turner
github: https://github.com/turnermm
plugins, templates: http://www.mturner.org/devel
This post was edited on 2016-10-04, 03:01 by turnermm.
ach (Administrator) #7
Member since May 2006 · 1908 posts · Location: Folkestone, UK
Group memberships: Administrators, Members, Super Mods, Wiki Managers
In reply to post #4
Quote by SFITCS on 2016-09-30, 01:54:
You might try posting to the Plugin Wishlist as it sounds like a function others may want.

FYI, I have just moved this whole thread into the Plugin Wishlist subforum instead.
SFITCS #8
In reply to post #6
Quote by turnermm:
Wasn't criticizing you at all
I did not think you were. I'm sorry if I gave that impression.
I just thought, as a matter of policy, we should keep this issue to the one thread.
I agree with your reasoning, and in hindsight I was remiss in not provide information on how to make a plugin wish when I (originally) made the suggestion.

@ach
Thank you, and turnermm.
rmgil #9
I can understand reposting is not sensible idea but I need this for the project I am working on.
The idea is to create the plugin which will show the date created or expiry date. Also, this is for all pages or documents created.
I am new to this forum so if you can direct me to proper topic.
SFITCS #10
Quote by rmgil:
The idea is to create the plugin which will show the date created or expiry date. Also, this is for all pages or documents created.
Noted.
I am new to this forum so if you can direct me to proper topic.
This is the proper forum (Plugin Wishlist).
You've asked for existing plugins that will do that (timer, todo, etc) but don't find they suit your usecase.

Your remaining options are: hope that someone reads this and decides they'd like to do the work for you; or, offer a bounty (financial incentive) to a plugin developer.
rmgil #11
In reply to post #6
Yes, all pages need to have expiry date
Limited to only the admin or user creating the document
I am using the date and time stamp for each document. Just wondering if there is a reporting plugin which can give the list when the document is created. This way I can workaround with expiry issue
SFITCS #12
Re: reporting - is this any help?
turnermm (Moderator) #13
Member since Oct 2009 · 4605 posts · Location: Canada
Group memberships: Global Moderators, Members, Super Mods
In reply to post #11
Attached is a script that is to be run from the command line, from within the meta directory or, if you feed it the path to the meta directory, from anywhere.  It will output the create date and modify date of all your data/pages files.
Myron Turner
github: https://github.com/turnermm
plugins, templates: http://www.mturner.org/devel
The author has attached one file to this post:
chk_date.zip 1,124 Bytes
You have no permission to open this file.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-04-25, 02:14:26 (UTC +02:00)