Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration RSS
Geo location of wiki pages
What plugins would provide the geolocation functionality of a wiki page?
courtland #1
Member since Mar 2015 · 96 posts · Location: USA
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Geo location of wiki pages
Happy New Year Dokuians!

I have a project that I'd like to make possible the location of wiki pages within a single map.
Here is my idea, contributor creates a wiki page that has to do with foo, and the origins of foo is located in Florence, Italy.
The contributor then tags the wiki page with the coordinates, or better yet, city country or region by name (much easier for novice contributors), and the location of that wiki page is plotted by pin on a general map within our doku site.

Eventually after many wiki pages are beginning to populate our wiki, so will the pins on the map, a viewer of the map will be able to click on a pin, the title of the wiki page appears, they click on the title and they are taken to the wiki page.

I have been playing with geotag but trying to get the geotag to communicate with a map is still a work in progress. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Unable to edit my signature at this time, here is my information:
DokuWiki version: Release 2016-06-26a "Elenor of Tsort"
PHP version 5.6.28
Template:Dokuwiki
Courtland
This post was edited on 2017-01-03, 16:56 by courtland.
andi (Administrator) #2
User title: splitbrain
Member since May 2006 · 3484 posts · Location: Berlin Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
There was some discussion about something like that for the struct plugin: https://github.com/cosmocode/dokuwiki-plugin-struct/issues…

Nothing usable, though. I'll add this post to the comments.
Read this if you don't get any useful answers.
Lies dies wenn du keine hilfreichen Antworten bekommst.
courtland #3
Andi, thanks so much for the follow up. I read the discussion you linked too with great interest. Do you think this feature may become reality in near time?
Courtland
andi (Administrator) #4
User title: splitbrain
Member since May 2006 · 3484 posts · Location: Berlin Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
I think it's a possibility that it will be implemented some day. In the near future though? Probably not. Unless someone else does it.
Read this if you don't get any useful answers.
Lies dies wenn du keine hilfreichen Antworten bekommst.
mprins #5
Member since Jun 2011 · 2 posts
In reply to post #1
You can use the combination of: openlayersmap + geotag + spatialhelper plugins (note the latter requires geophp plugin as well)

The indexer that is part of the spatialhelper plugin will generate a kml file in the media directory that you can load in the map, an example is available at: https://dokuwikispatial.sourceforge.io/dokuwiki/spatialhel… (note that this is a very slow website)
courtland #6
Thanks mprins, I looked at that before, but what I got out of it was the wiki page had to manually be added to the map. Am I right?
In other words, if I create a wiki page, and within that wiki page I add the geotag coordinates, will the pin auto populate the general map that resides on a separate page?

If I may I'd like to add an example here at https://thepatriotwoodwiki.org/Geolocated-Research-Projects
Those pins were auto populated with a geolocation feature at time of wiki page creation. Click on a pin, a page title will appear.
Are we talking about the same process?
Thanks mprins
Courtland
This post was edited 2 times, last on 2019-07-23, 23:20 by courtland.
courtland #7
In reply to post #4
Quote by andi:
I think it's a possibility that it will be implemented some day. In the near future though? Probably not. Unless someone else does it.

Thanks Andi, appreciate the feedback.
Courtland
Digitalin #8
Member since Feb 2014 · 214 posts · Location: Uzès - France
A very first try,

using the list agregation from struct.

as the POI are formated that way : lat, lon, rotation-angle, opacity, image, textforpopup
so 5 values with a comma separator then whatever you want in wiki syntax  in the textforpopup

I have created a shema called poi : (here "-" is to separate infos of each field)

10  -  lat   -  Decimal  -  decpoint: .  -  postfix: ,  -  label: latitude  -  hint: "enter the latitude with a dot as separator"
20  -  lon  -   Decimal  -  decpoint: .  -  postfix: ,  -  label: longitude  -  hint: "enter the longitude with a dot as separator"
30  -  rot   -  Decimal  -  decpoint: .  -  postfix: ,  -  label: rotation  - hint: "the default value is 0"
40  -  opa  -  Decimal  - decpoint: .   -  postfix: ,  -  label: opacity  - hint: "the default value is 1"
50  -  mark  - Text  - prefix: marker-  - postfix: .png,  - label: add a marker  hint: "green for this, blue for ..."
55  -  page  - Text  - prefix:**wiki page :**[[somenamespace:  -  postfix: ]]\\\\  -  label: internal link -  hint: "give only the page name"
60  -  link  -  Text  - prefix: **website :**[[https:// - postfix: ]]\\\\  -  label: website link  - hint:" give a name without htpp://"
70 ... mail

the \\\\ is to obtain the wiki \\ for the textforpopup

on a page need to put :
---- struct list ----
schema: poi
cols: lat,lon,rot,opa,mark,page,link,mail
----

to get the poi in a list in the good format. Then from this list, just copy and paste inside  the markup olmap after its syntax declaration. 

A occasion to test fields types of struct. User, dropdown and Url types have no postfix, so can't be used in this special usecase.

I notice a default value could be useful for decimal and text type. prefix and postfix are displaying only it you add something in the field editor as a normal behavior.

As said, it is a first try to improve but works well and make easy to maintain for displaying hundreds of POI, and this only with openlayermap and struct :-)
This post was edited 2 times, last on 2017-01-16, 21:35 by Digitalin.
Edit reason: about wiki page deleted
courtland #9
Digitalin, thanks so much for the indepth reply and i apologize for the late response!
I'm going to try this all out! Thanks so much!
Courtland
Digitalin #10
Member since Feb 2014 · 214 posts · Location: Uzès - France
You're  welcome :-) as said, it was a test but to adapt to your needs.

Since, I have adopted it with little changes and it is now one table among 5 tables for managing members.
For instance I change the line 60 without https:// and add a last line for logo
90  -  logo  -  Text  - prefix: {{:some:namespace: - postfix: ?200|}}  -  label: logo name  -  hint: "format : image.png"

With a form, members can fill it themselves.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-10-15, 16:39:16 (UTC +02:00)