Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: Community User Introductions RSS
CQ CQ from Somewhere in the U.S.
justjed #1
Member since Jan 2017 · 11 posts · Location: DM79MO
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: CQ CQ from Somewhere in the U.S.
Howdy folks.

I'm a late middle-age former IT guy who inherited responsibility for a couple websites for a couple of amateur radio clubs. I'm converting one of them to DokuWiki - nearly finished and looking forward to abandoning GoDaddy's awful "Website Builder" interface.

I use DokuWiki at home for a couple things, one being a sort of note-taking, recording, personal site, and the other was supposed to be a private Wiki for myself and some friends to share information, but they all sort-of dropped off the project, but I keep it around.

I have a lot of IT experience, mostly development - Fortran, C, Macro-11, Perl, PHP, Oracle, sysadmin, DBA, network admin (mostly DECnet). I used to write HTML in a text editor. :) Don't care much for Javascript and complicated CMS systems.

I've already gotten one alert from GoDaddy for exceeding resource allocation, so I won't post a URL here. Maybe later, when I get a better handle on long-term performance.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a yo-yo -- Enoch Root
justjed #2
Member since Jan 2017 · 11 posts · Location: DM79MO
For benefit of anyone attempting to send me a PM:

https://forum.dokuwiki.org/thread/6427
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a yo-yo -- Enoch Root
loftus49 #3
Member since Mar 2017 · 5 posts · Location: Phoenix, AZ  USA
In reply to post #1
Subject: CQ
Nice to see your introduction.  I am in the process of installing and configuring Dokuwiki on a test site now.  I am also KG7LQV. 

73's
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2018-12-16, 07:26:52 (UTC +01:00)