Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: Community dokuwiki.org RSS
Move "not maintained anymore" plugins to a separate section ?
Page:  previous  1  2 
gilcot #16
Member since Aug 2018 · 12 posts · Location: France
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
In reply to post ID 62958
Quote by ryan.chappelle on 2018-10-08, 17:37:
Also would someone be able to explain to me the syntax that can be used for the pluginrepo data table when editing pages? I've seen this works

compatible : Frusterick, Lemming, Anteater, rincewind, angua

But I'm also looking for some sort of glob syntax and as I've mentioned above I've never been able to make it work correctly. And I can't find information on how extensible it is, for example I'd like to point out a plugin works with ">= Binky" or "PHP <= 5.6".

It's based on plugin just called repository:
Multiple versions can be given and code names can be used. Eg: 2009-02-14, lemming, anteater.

- Use a plus sign + if you think it's safe to assume that the plugin will be compatible with future releases of DokuWiki.
    - Use an exclamation mark ! if the plugin is not compatible to a DokuWiki release (e.g. “!Greebo”).
Samana Johann #17
Member since Jun 2018 · 123 posts · Location: Aural/Cambodia
May it not interrupt and lead astray: althought possible total different as used here on DW. My person got a little familar with another software maintaining of mods/plugin use. They used to have a topic for each mod in their forum which was also linked in the "plugin"-page. By viewing it, it always gave a good overview about the status and problems, since it was very central. Any fix but also contributions have been very accessable for the whole community. Maintaining and feedback seems to be very decentralized, focusing possible more on the plugin-contributors ease (causing on the other side to possible limited feedback). Since Wiki is the heart here and not a forum, it's maybe interesting to make the central place of exchange, contributions, discussion on a wiki-diskussion page at the plugin page itself, possible leading also to more contributions on the DW-wiki. But as said, not much idea of how things are used here and the function of the triangle between team, plugin-contributor and user, so just a very outwardy imput.
gilcot #18
Member since Aug 2018 · 12 posts · Location: France
Quote by Samana Johann:
My person got a little familar with another software maintaining of mods/plugin use. They used to have a topic for each mod in their forum which was also linked in the "plugin"-page. [...] Since Wiki is the heart here and not a forum, it's maybe interesting to make the central place of exchange, contributions, discussion on a wiki-diskussion page at the plugin page itself, possible leading also to more contributions on the DW-wiki.
I also use web-app that works that way: there's are comments attached to each extension page.
That's possible with DW using comment plugin or similar :-)

Quote by Samana Johann:
[...] By viewing it, it always gave a good overview about the status and problems, since it was very central. Any fix but also contributions have been very accessable for the whole community. Maintaining and feedback seems to be very decentralized, focusing possible more on the plugin-contributors ease (causing on the other side to possible limited feedback). [...]
The approche used by DW is due to the fact that plugins may come from different repositories (in the case I mentionned earlier they are in a common/central repository.)
But each repository (hosted a GitHut or GitLab or BitBucket or other) is often attached to a bug tracking system... where you can view the status and the problems.  So DW avoid reinventing the wheel...
andi (Administrator) #19
User title: splitbrain
Member since May 2006 · 3358 posts · Location: Berlin Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
In reply to post ID 62958
Hey Ryan, good to see you again.

It's been a while and I had done this but never actually opened it up but now I saw this thread and remembered. Anyway, I did end up setting up that demo site for old Dokuwiki versions and their plugins. At the moment it's pretty basic and lacks information about eg.: webserver setup for each version because of PHP≤5 vs PHP≥7 support, or cross-plugin dependencies.

This is quite cool. I don't know how users would use this, but it's a cool idea.
Read this if you don't get any useful answers.
Lies dies wenn du keine hilfreichen Antworten bekommst.
Michaelsy #20
Member since Jun 2015 · 567 posts · Location: Düsseldorf, Germany
It's been a while and I had done this but never actually opened it up but now I saw this thread and remembered. Anyway, I did end up setting up that demo site for old Dokuwiki versions and their plugins. At the moment it's pretty basic and lacks information about eg.: webserver setup for each version because of PHP≤5 vs PHP≥7 support, or cross-plugin dependencies.

I've put a link to your demo site on my own demo site. It's a work in progress too and maybe with a little different purpose than yours.

Greetings - Michael Sy.
By Patreon.com a few eurons can be fed into the code phasers of
the DokuWiki engine. Besides, Andi's posts are worth reading.
This post was edited on 2018-10-12, 11:03 by Michaelsy.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Page:  previous  1  2 
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2018-12-14, 04:14:42 (UTC +01:00)