Forum: Community User Introductions RSS
Intro
clh #1
Member since May 2016 · 80 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Intro
Hello -

Chap here, from Durham, NC. I'm a systems architect, currently designing a Wiki as our repository of technical documentation, using DokuWiki and Bootstrap3. We're also using draw.io to create SVG diagrams.

I've been using DW for about nine months now. We're close to the point now of "going live" and assigning developers to document programs from page-creation templates. Given how enthusiastic most programmers are about writing, this will be the acid test of the simplicity of both DW and our template.

Age? Clue: I wrote my first program in FORTRAN on punch-cards. Hobbies? Ukulele.
loftus49 #2
Member since Mar 2017 · 5 posts · Location: Phoenix, AZ  USA
Subject: Age? Clue.
Ah ha.  I did the hardware trouble shooting on the PDP 11 and maintained the Control Data 1700.  That was years after I maintained the SINS system with a 400K Core Memory on two submarines.

Sounds like we have some things in common.  Welcome to this forum.
clh #3
Member since May 2016 · 80 posts
400K? Why would anyone ever need more than 20K?  ;-)

My school had a IBM 1620 Model 1. Wonderful old machine.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2018-12-16, 07:05:08 (UTC +01:00)