Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General Help and Support Server Setup RSS
[SOLVED] The plugin repository could not be contacted.
Page:  previous  1  2 
SFITCS #16
User title: Scott Ferguson
Member since Dec 2014 · 395 posts · Location: Canberra, Australia
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
In reply to post ID 56022
I'm sorry to hear you haven't resolved your problem, and sorry I don't have any more suggestions - except, maybe, the apache config issue may lay in your .htaccess file (if you use one).

I've always been pretty happy with Linode.

tcptraceroute might help determine your connection delays, but I'd still try looking at your nameservers (they are a frequent cause of slow connections).
andi (Administrator) #17
User title: splitbrain
Member since May 2006 · 3092 posts · Location: Berlin Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
sounds not like a nameserver issue and more like a general network problem. it might be faulty hardware or some weird quality-of-service problem in one of the firewalls between your server and dokuwiki. I'm not familiar with linode, but this should not be your problem, but should be directed at their support.
Read this if you don't get any useful answers.
Lies dies wenn du keine hilfreichen Antworten bekommst.
zoof #18
Member since May 2013 · 11 posts
I've been happy with Linode myself -- this is the first problem I've encountered with their infrastructure.  Following your suggestion, I've opened a ticket with them.

Many thanks!
zoof #19
Member since May 2013 · 11 posts
The issue has been resolved.  Strangely, it turns out that it is because I did not have "Auto-configure Networking" enabled.  This is a fairly recent problem so there must have been some sort of infrastructure change on Linode's end that introduced this clearly very subtle problem.

In any case, thank you for all the help and suggestions!
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Page:  previous  1  2 
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2017-03-30, 06:51:51 (UTC +02:00)