Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration RSS
Cannot stay logged in as admin
I can log in as admin but get logged out as soon as I visit any page beyond the first one
Page:  previous  1  2 
freecicero #16
Member since Apr 2018 · 7 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
In reply to post ID 60195
In hopes that my work will help someone I will post what I try:

First, I have found that something breaks when I copy my /data directory to a new dokuwiki I set up for testing purposes.  I first set up a new install and verified that it was running and I could access admin panel.  I then copied the /pages subdirectory over, and the new installation continued to work. Then I copied the entire /data directory over and started getting the same area again.
freecicero #17
Member since Apr 2018 · 7 posts
Subject: Data Points:  Some Browsers have this problem while other browsers do not.
I have made a significant discovery.   I run MX-17 Linux and have chrome, palemoon, brave and Seamonkey installed.  They all exhibit the same maddening error - login appears to work, but as soon as I try to edit a page, go to the admin panel, or even refresh the page, it logs me out.

HOWEVER I also have qupzilla2.2.2.appimage running on my machine, and when I access my wiki through that, it works fine! Editing is fine! Admin panel is fine! Saving changes is fine! It never logs me out!

Now what could explain that?

(Note 1:  This is after downloading the updated /inc/init.php which has the changed lines 45/46.  I am not sure if that change has anything to do with Qupzilla working, or whether Qupzilla would have worked without the change.  All I know is that the same wiki that won't let me stay logged in with Chrome, Brave, Palemoon, or Seamonkey WILL let me stay loggedin qith Qupzilla222.appimage)

Note 2:  I am continuing to test other browsers.  Netsurf also works - like Qupzilla222.appimage, it does not log me out.

Note 3:  I just realized I had an older version of Qupzilla.  Downloaded the latest appimage2.2.6 and that works too.

Note 4:  HOWEVER, after copying the Qupzilla 2.2.6 appimage to a second computer - same problem as before!!! Qupzilla appimage fails like Chrome, Palemoon, etc.  HOWEVER Netsurf DOES work on the second computer.  So the same second computer that continously logs out under Chrome/Qupzilla does NOT have that issue under Netsurf.

Note 5:  Computer 3 - Chrome/Brave/Seamonkey/Palemoon continuously log out.  Qupzilla DOES work on this one - no logouts (did not test Netsurf but bet it would work here too.)

Note 6:  Virtualbox running W7 - Chrome exhibits the same faulty operation issue.  Virtualbox running XP - Both Seamonkey (downloaded today) and Slimjet (Version 10.0.13.0 (based on Chromium 50.0.2661.75)) do NOT display the same faulty problem - both operate fine.

Note 7:  I also find that I can edit properly on my android tablet.
This post was edited 6 times, last on 2018-04-29, 00:42 by freecicero.
wikiuser33705453 #18
Member since May 2018 · 2 posts
Thank you freecicero! It was indeed a major discovery!
I solved that problem by disabling securecookie in Configuration Setting. The one that says: "Should cookies set via HTTPS only be sent via HTTPS by the browser? Disable this option when only the login of your wiki is secured with SSL but browsing the wiki is done unsecured."
gazza8 #19
Member since May 2018 · 6 posts · Location: Brussels
Thanks @wikiuser33705453 for this input.
In which file did you change this configuration setting (disabling securecookie) ?
wikiuser33705453 #20
Member since May 2018 · 2 posts
Not in file. I did it on the webpage. Well, I mean I just loge into my account, clicked "Admin" (right top corner of my wiki), then "configuration settings" and then found that setting there.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Page:  previous  1  2 
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2018-09-20, 11:10:16 (UTC +02:00)