Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General Help and Support Development RSS
How often does connectTo() method of a syntax-plugin get called?
og #1
Member since May 2006 · 436 posts · Location: Bayern
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: How often does connectTo() method of a syntax-plugin get called?
While debugging a plugins connectTo() method by using a simple "msg();" call, i found that the message apprears 13 times !!
I did not expect this, so is it normal behaveour?
Oli...
clh #2
Member since May 2016 · 94 posts
54 times for me!
og #3
Member since May 2006 · 436 posts · Location: Bayern
What? Grazy. Why is that so? Is it normal? Maybe this is no problem at all, because it's only the connectTo method. Normally no heavy processing is done herein. In my special case, the plugin i was investigating loads a file from disk and parses the content to add some special patterns. THIS may cause trouble, even this is not common ;-)
Oli...
LarsDW223 #4
Member since Sep 2014 · 462 posts · Location: Paderborn
Hi og,

I think it depends from the other plugins you have installed.

Your plugin can decide for which $modes it wants to register. As more plugins generate more possible modes it will be called more often (I think). I guess clh has installed more plugins than you. Does the number of messages increase if you install more syntax plugins?

Kind Regards,
Lars
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2020-02-17, 07:21:39 (UTC +01:00)