Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General Help and Support General Stuff RSS
Broken links on the EditPage page
the syntax link broke when I moved the default wiki: pages to a different location
KaosKidd #1
Member since Feb 2015 · 7 posts · Location: Hatboro, PA
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Broken links on the EditPage page
Here I thought I was doing something good; moved all of the default wiki: pages under the playground and now, when I go to edit any page, the link to the syntax page is broken.  Can I simple edit the editpage directly?  Or, is there something else I should have / should do to fix this problem I created?

Thanks for any help,
KK
og #2
Member since May 2006 · 397 posts · Location: Bayern
The text you see while editing a page comes out of this file: inc/lang/<LANGUAGE>/edit.txt
(Replace <LANGUAGE> with the one you setup in DW config, mybe "en" in your case?)
Here you find the source
Edit the page and hit ''Save''. See [[wiki:syntax]] for Wiki syntax. Please edit the page only if you can **improve** it. If you want to test some things, learn to make your first steps on the [[playground:playground|playground]].
and you could replace the link for "wiki:syntax".

But i won't recommend this because it may be overwritten at the next update. Also you should consider if it is a good plan to move the syntax-page inside playground. Playground, normally is writeable by any user. So any user could change the upper part in the edit mode.
Oli...
phy25 #3
Member for 3 months · 10 posts
Quote by og:
The text you see while editing a page comes out of this file: inc/lang/<LANGUAGE>/edit.txt
(Replace <LANGUAGE> with the one you setup in DW config, mybe "en" in your case?)
Here you find the source
Edit the page and hit ''Save''. See [[wiki:syntax]] for Wiki syntax. Please edit the page only if you can **improve** it. If you want to test some things, learn to make your first steps on the [[playground:playground|playground]].
and you could replace the link for "wiki:syntax".

But i won't recommend this because it may be overwritten at the next update. Also you should consider if it is a good plan to move the syntax-page inside playground. Playground, normally is writeable by any user. So any user could change the upper part in the edit mode.

Actually you can safely edit texts in this file without being overwritten by updates, by creating a new file at conf/lang/<LANGUAGE>/edit.txt and fill it with your own content :-).
KaosKidd #4
Member since Feb 2015 · 7 posts · Location: Hatboro, PA
py25 and og;
  Super thanks; the suggestion worked!

Thanks for the replies and workarounds.  I really like the software and am having a "blast" making the wiki for my office.

KK
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2017-11-22, 06:43:12 (UTC +01:00)