Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General Help and Support Templates and Layout RSS
[How?] Better compatibility between bootswrapper and other templates?
MilchFlasche #1
Member since Feb 2007 · 8 posts · Location: Taichung, Taiwan
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: [How?] Better compatibility between bootswrapper and other templates?
Hi folks,

Below is a normal screenshot of writr template:
[Image: http://ciangbrides.myds.me/pictshare/1000x1000/dtf00uhwuj.png]

In order to use bootswrapper plugin and make Bootstrap widgets work along with other non-bootstrap3 templates, I have checked "plugin»bootswrapper»loadBootstrap" as it told "Load the Bootstrap vanilla CSS. Disable it if you have installed a Bootstrap based template."

But Bootstrap vanilla CSS seems to break templates other than bootstrap3 in many ways (font-size, font-family, font-color etc.) (screenshot below)
[Image: http://ciangbrides.myds.me/pictshare/1000x1000/ocpuyufuhc.png]

Is there a better way to keep bootswrapper goodies work while not messing the proper look of those beautiful templates?
MilchFlasche #2
Member since Feb 2007 · 8 posts · Location: Taichung, Taiwan
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Per answer by the author of bootswrapper, Lotar, on the GitHub project:
this plugin work only with Bootstrap compatible themes. You can enable loadBootstrap flag (in Configuration Settings) but i think this causes a visual artifact (or malfuntions) if your template don't support Bootstrap classes.

Hmmm now I understand Bootstrap better. Hopefully there are more and more templates supporting Bootstrap.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-05-23, 05:16:44 (UTC +02:00)