Forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration RSS
Add language after installation
Language upgrade, update, integrate, implement
rosawand #1
Member since Feb 2018 · 1 post
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Add language after installation
Finding myself in deep space in DokuWiki-Configuration for quite a while now by adding, enabling and disabling different plugins, I was wondering the following and didn't find a solution for it yet – surprisingly! 

Is there a way of adding a language after installing DokuWiki altready?

My case: I downloaded DokuWiki (2017-02-19e "Frusterick Manners") as a package with two languages: en and de-informal. But as most plugins don't use de-informal but de, it would be great to add de [or some other language] afterwards as a global element.

I already downloaded the complete language-files with another package and uploaded them into inc/lang/ so I could actually choose the new language in the configuration, but DokuWiki now did use the default language en instead of the new one [even if it's español or french]. What do I miss here? Any need of changing some other files?

Hint: It's not about editing an existing translation at translate.dokuwiki.

--

By the way: one workaround for implementing the missing de-informal language inside of plugins and templates is obvious: duplicating de, renaming it as de-informal, uploading the files into their ../lang/ folders, done! It works like a charme (after disabling and enabling the plugin or template).
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2018-12-17, 13:18:08 (UTC +01:00)