Forum: General Help and Support Server Setup RSS
Migrating from Windows server 2012 r2 to Linux Turnkey Distro
Phychlone #1
Member since Apr 2018 · 2 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Migrating from Windows server 2012 r2 to Linux Turnkey Distro
Newbie post incoming.....
I've been using Dokuwiki for several months now for simple storage of helpdesk documentation.  I wanted to move the wiki from the Windows server to its own Linux VM.  Documentation suggested it would be a simple transfer of the Dokuwiki folder structure in it's entirety with the possibility of having to amend some security settings or base directory/url's to get it to function correctly.  Unfortunately this does not appear to be the case as the Linux distro appears to have a different structure which I cannot seem to fathom.  I am hoping that someone will be able to offer guidance on how best to approach this.

As mentioned I'm not vastly experienced with Dokuwiki but I am a fast learner who is keen to keep using it if possible without the need to recreate my entries.

Thanks in advance.
cziehr #2
Member since Jan 2011 · 466 posts · Location: 10119 Berlin
I assume that you installed DokuWiki in your Linux-Distro by using the package manager.

I would propose to install a webserver (Apache for example) and then put your wiki in the document folder. I don‘t know where this is located in Turnkey Linux, in Ubuntu it can be found under /var/www/html

This brings further positive effects; you are independent from package upgrades by Turnkey Linux.
Phychlone #3
Member since Apr 2018 · 2 posts
Thanks for the response.  The dokuwiki build came pre installed within the Turnkey Linux Distro, which was the appeal as I wrongly assumed that the was the line of least resistance to get the VM up and running with a vanilla dokuwiki installed and then 'simply' place my single folder in the vanilla install to complete the migration.  Talk about poor planning!!  I've found that the difference in folder structure is indeed due to the Turnkey distro being a package install but even having migrated the important folder such as Conf, data and lib as per:
Quote by cziehr on 2013-12-12, 22:12:
Hallo Peacepipe,

wenn du alle Daten zusammenkopierst sollte es eigentlich laufen. Die wichtigsten Ordner einer DokuWiki-Installation für die Migration sind

data -> hier liegen alle Wiki-Seiten und Mediendateien
conf -> hier liegt deine Konfiguration
lib/plugins -> hier sind deine heruntergeladenen Plugins gespeichert
lib/tpl -> hier sind deine heruntergeladenen Templates gespeichert

Wenn du ein DokuWiki frisch aufsetzt, reicht es einfach den data-Ordner in die neue Installation reinzukopieren und zumindestens deine Inhalte sind wieder komplett da. Wenn das geklappt hat kannst du das ebenfalls mit dem conf-Ordner machen, dann sind deine Einstellungen, Benutzerkonten, etc. wieder da.

Plugins und Templates kannst du notfalls einzeln wieder nachinstallieren.

Wie es mir scheint sind in deiner Turnkey-Linux-Installation aber alle Ordner und Dateien wild durcheinandergewürfelt. Wenn es dir nur um die Daten an sich geht, würde ich empfehlen ein DokuWiki neu aufzusetzen und wie beschrieben nur den data-Ordner rüberzukopieren.
Wenn du viele User etc. hast müsstest du versuchen die zerstreuten Dateien so zusammenzufügen dass zumindest der data- und der conf-Ordner wieder komplett sind. Dann kopierst du das aktuelle DokuWiki drüber; alte und fehlende Dateien werden ersetzt, vorhandene Wiki-Inhalte aber z.B. nicht überschrieben.

Was mir ansonsten noch in den Sinn kommen würde wäre dass die Rewrite-Funktion deines Apache-Servers aktiviert und die entsprechende Einstellung userewrite in DokuWiki aktiv ist. Dann werden aus den ganzen Doppelpunkten die als Namensraumtrenner dienen Slashs. Wenn auf dem neuen Server jetzt kein mod_rewrite verfügbar ist könnte das Problem eventuell da liegen.

Viele Grüße,

Christoph

I'm getting .data errors.  I'm almost resigned to having to rebuild the wiki in the new format to avoid any potential errors further down the track.
cziehr #4
Member since Jan 2011 · 466 posts · Location: 10119 Berlin
Did you check file permissions and ownership after you copied the files? I don`t know who has to be the owner in Turnkey Linux, in Ubuntu it is the user www-data. Folder permissions have to be 755 and file permissions 644. Simply set this permissions for the whole wiki.
dinsdale #5
Member since Oct 2016 · 47 posts
In reply to post #3
Hi,

personally I have chosen the Turnkey LAMP distro and not the preconfigured appliance. This way you simply need to put the wiki into apache var/www directory and then most things should work out of the box, depending what extension you are using. The dokuwiki appliance uses some symlinks to divide between wiki code and data and I've found for me that this makes things rather complicated.

You may have to install some external dependencies for some plugins: 

That are the ones I'm using.

apt-get install php5-gd php5-sqlite php5-ldap php5-xsl openjdk-7-jre libgv-php5 graphviz gnuplot

I'm also using a rewrite scheme to ensure HTTPS access:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTPS} off
RewriteRule (.*) https://%{HTTP_HOST}%{REQUEST_URI} [R=301,L]

RewriteCond %{HTTPS} !=on
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ https://%{SERVER_NAME}%{REQUEST_URI} [R,L]

You have to enable the rewrite mod on the apache .

The virtual server configuration looks like this:

SSLEngine on
SSLCertificateFile /etc/ssl/certs/mycert.pem
        ServerAdmin webmaster@localhost
        DocumentRoot /var/www/

Alias /webdav "/var/www/_webdav/"
    <Directory "/var/www/_webdav/">
       DAV on
    </Directory>

This is also using webdav, which would also require to be activated in the apache config.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2018-12-17, 13:18:40 (UTC +01:00)