Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General Help and Support Server Setup RSS
Loads of errors with Greebo (and new server)
dokojo #1
Member since Apr 2018 · 6 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Loads of errors with Greebo (and new server)
Hi there,

I used to use a small Dokuwiki on a Windows localhost with QuickPHP (http://www.zachsaw.com/?pg=quickphp_php_tester_debugger). That worked nicely until Greebo came along with PHP >= 5.4 syntax and features. QuickPHP is a bit old meanwhile, so I thought, why not upgrade. So I tried the Dokuwiki with PHP 7.2 (nts) and the builtin server, like so:
php -S localhost:8000 -t <wikiroot>
Now when I open localhost:8000, I get loads of errors:
Warning: require(wikiroot/inc/Plugin.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in wikiroot\inc\load.php on line 112

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required 'wikiroot/inc/Plugin.php' (include_path='.;C:\php\pear') in wikiroot\inc\load.php on line 112
This is the line 112 in load.php:
'DokuWiki_Plugin'          => DOKU_INC.'inc/Plugin.php',
, which then gets required a bit down.

And it's true, there is no Plugin.php in inc. There are two others, \bin\plugin.php and inc\Action\Plugin.php. So I insert these into load.php, the first one throwing loads of warnings about the usage of STDOUT and others; the second one looks a bit better, only one error message:
Fatal error: Class 'DokuWiki_Plugin' not found in X:\down\Dropbox\jokno\dexwiki_jo\lib\plugins\action.php on line 15
Here I gave up. In all cases, the pages don't get served; I only get error messages.

I'm a bit stumped here. How broken is dokuwiki? Or PHP? Or is it just some option I have to set?
afiore1961 #2
Member since May 2012 · 5 posts · Location: California
you are not alone in finding that Greebo is an update that is best avoided until fixed.  I suspect it is creating havoc to many people's work product. I hope it does not destroy trust in dokuwiki reliability . Try going back to what you used before
turnermm (Moderator) #3
Member since Oct 2009 · 4734 posts · Location: Canada
Group memberships: Global Moderators, Members, Super Mods
In reply to post #1
Go to download.dokuwiki.org and download a copy of the stable version of dw.  To speed things up you can toggle off the languages. 

Then copy inc/Plugin.php from the stable and also replace the corrupted load.php.
Myron Turner
github: https://github.com/turnermm
plugins, templates: http://www.mturner.org/devel
dokojo #4
In reply to post #1
Just read thread 15778. They seem to think there is a problem with the upgrade plugin, but I do believe, inc/plugin.php [sic] was falsely included in data/deleted.files. Since I also have a cleanup run after installation, inc/Plugin.php got deleted. The line was still in there when I downloaded stable today. Commented it and tried again, now it seems to work.

However, the builtin server in the php executable is putting all errors and warnings into the generated pages... and the code generates a lot of them... sigh. Different issue, though.

@turnermm: That'd be a quick fix for the issue, yes. Thanks.
andi (Administrator) #5
User title: splitbrain
Member since May 2006 · 3500 posts · Location: Berlin Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
In reply to post #1
Quote by dokojo on 2018-04-25, 12:08:
So I tried the Dokuwiki with PHP 7.2 (nts) and the builtin server, like so:
php -S localhost:8000 -t <wikiroot>

Please use index.php as a router.
php -S localhost:8000 index.php
Read this if you don't get any useful answers.
Lies dies wenn du keine hilfreichen Antworten bekommst.
dokojo #6
Quote by andi on 2018-05-02, 23:48:

I tried it, didn't change behaviour as far as I could observe.

What was that supposed to achieve?
andi (Administrator) #7
User title: splitbrain
Member since May 2006 · 3500 posts · Location: Berlin Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Quote by dokojo:
Quote by andi on 2018-05-02, 23:48:

I tried it, didn't change behaviour as far as I could observe.

What was that supposed to achieve?

You got answers on your initial question already. I simply wanted to point out that using our router is the preferred way when using the built-in webserver.
Read this if you don't get any useful answers.
Lies dies wenn du keine hilfreichen Antworten bekommst.
dokojo #8
Quote by andi on 2018-05-09, 17:45:
You got answers on your initial question already. I simply wanted to point out that using our router is the preferred way when using the built-in webserver.

I see. Thanks for the hint.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-12-08, 04:34:29 (UTC +01:00)