Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General Help and Support Server Setup RSS
Too stupid for a simple installation today
LarsDW223 #1
Member since Sep 2014 · 428 posts · Location: Paderborn
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Too stupid for a simple installation today
This is embarrassing but it's seems that today I'm too stupid for a simple installation. I am setting up a new machine and need to install my old DokuWiki on it but I can't get it to work.

What did I do so far:
- Installed Ubuntu
- Installed Apache2
- Installed PHP7
- Enabled module PHP7 in Apache2
- Downloaded DokuWiki Greebo to public-html/dokuwiki
- Copied DokuWiki data and conf directory from my old wiki to that directory

The problem is now that if I access localhost/doku.php then the source code is displayed - not executed. If I access localhost/install.php it tells me there is no PHP support. I have put a file phpinfo.php in that directory with the code:
<?php
phpinfo();
?>
If I access it via localhost/phpinfo.php then that file works fine - it is executed and shows me all the PHP information. Same directory, same owner, same file permissions as doku.php and install.php.

What have I forgotten?
LarsDW223 #2
Member since Sep 2014 · 428 posts · Location: Paderborn
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Ok, as assumed I have forgotten something:

I did not copy all .ht... files. After copying them I restarted Apache2 and re-freshed Firefox cache and install.php was running. Only thing left to do was to install mbstring via sudo apt-get install php7.0-mbstring.

So I am back online now, let's continue coding...
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-08-21, 07:08:33 (UTC +02:00)