Forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration RSS
Search is very slow after version upgrade
mbaybarsk #1
Member since Jul 2018 · 1 post
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Search is very slow after version upgrade
Hello,

I've upgraded my dokuwiki on Ubuntu 14.04 "Detritus" to "Release 2018-04-22a "Greebo"" recently.

During the upgrade, I also had to upgrade PHP version to "5.6.36-1+ubuntu14.04.1+deb.sury.org+1".

The only problem I have left after the upgrade is that the search is VERY slow: It takes about 15 seconds to bring search results, before the upgrade, this was instantaneous . The wiki is also quite small, around 1000 pages.

I've tried the possible solutions on FAQs/forums such as rebuilding the index but nothing seems to help.

What I also noticed is that an apache process reaches 100% for as long as the search runs and ends right after the results are displayed. I know that's the process that's slowing things down but I don't know how to troubleshoot at this point and would welcome any recommendations!

Thanks!
niram00 #2
Member since Nov 2018 · 1 post
Hi,

Had the exact same problem on Ubuntu 16.04 with Sury's php repo.

The problem was in fact missing php-xml package, which is called php5.6-xml.

This was solved with "apt install php5.6-xml" and restarting apache. In case you are usign php-fpm, restart that.

HTH,

Marin
LMS23 #3
Member since Feb 2014 · 169 posts · Location: Bayern, Deutschland
the complete PHP 5.6 support ends on 31 Dec 2018

http://php.net/supported-versions.php

You should consider an update to 7.2.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-06-25, 16:41:06 (UTC +02:00)