Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General Help and Support Syntax and Usage RSS
[SOLVED] Deleting a page doesn't work (anymore) / Page Locks are not removed
kira_resari #1
Member since Jun 2018 · 19 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: [SOLVED] Deleting a page doesn't work (anymore) / Page Locks are not removed
Hello everyone,

for some reason, deleting pages does not work as described in https://www.dokuwiki.org/page#delete_a_page

When I edit a page, delete all its contents, and then save it, the page is redisplayed as before, as if I had not edited it at all.

The strange thing here is... this used to work before, and I have no idea what changed to disable this functionality. As it is right now, I have to manually delete the page file on the server to delete a page.

I have already checked that I have both admin rights, as well as a role that should grant me delete rights for the namespace in which the page resides.

Does anyone have any ideas into what could cause this?

Thanks in advance,
Kira
This post was edited on 2018-09-07, 02:51 by kira_resari.
kira_resari #2
I've by now tried out a number of things, including disabling the move plugin, double-checking all permissions and updating the cache, but nothing I've tried helped.

Isn't there any way that I can debug this tricky problem?
MartinR #3
Member since Jul 2015 · 104 posts · Location: UK
Just a quick thought: does the webserver account have appropriate access?  In particular watch out for SELinux if appropriate.  Remember that you ask the apache (or whaterver) user to do the task, your account is irrelevant.
kira_resari #4
Yup, I'm pretty sure that's the case. I'm using IIS on a Windows Server, and have made sure that both IUSR and IIS_IUSRS have "Write" access to \dokuwiki\data and \dokuwiki\conf, as well as \dokuwiki\lib\plugins and \dokuwiki\lib\tpl

Also, updating a page works just fine. However, as soon as you try to delete a page, nothing happens, so my best guess this far is that it's a corruption in the meta data or something.

The changelog is acting strangely too: When viewing the differences, it doesn't show any changes, but it still displays that bytes were removed. I can repeat this process indefinitely, making the site have a mathematically negative byte size if the changelog were correct as follows:

2018/09/05 02:09  playground:playground – deleted one more time kiraresari -287 B (current)
 2018/09/05 02:09  Show differences to current revisions playground:playground – deleted again kiraresari (218.228.167.98) -287 B
 2018/09/05 01:57  Show differences to current revisions playground:playground – deleted kiraresari (218.228.167.98) -287 B
 2018/09/05 01:54  Show differences to current revisions playground:playground – test update kiraresari (218.228.167.98) +6 B
 2018/09/05 01:51  Show differences to current revisions playground:playground – deleted kiraresari (218.228.167.98) -281 B
 2018/09/04 06:32  Show differences to current revisions playground:playground kiraresari (121.84.212.177) +33 B
 2018/08/25 08:47  Show differences to current revisions playground:playground kiraresari (126.14.124.99) +168 B

Interestingly enough, I can still create and delete new pages without a problem. The problem only seems to occur for pages that were existing at whenever this plague struck, or pages for which a certain condition that I do not yet know about was triggered. For example, I can't delete [[playground:playground]] but I can delete the newly created [[playground:test]], even if it's and exact copy of [[playground:playground]] .
This post was edited 2 times, last on 2018-09-05, 04:16 by kira_resari.
pop #5
Member since Nov 2016 · 49 posts
Does the clock of the server show the correct date and time? I once had a similar problem which was caused by a faulty clock on the board. What are the date and time stamps of the files?
kira_resari #6
The time stamps appear to be in order, but while investigating this I've come across something different that might be related:

Apparently, there's a problem with locks not being removed. Whenever I open the "edit page" dialogue with any user, that page correctly gets an edit lock, preventing other users from editing it. However, that lock apparently does not get removed when either saving the page or cancelling the edit, meaning that  whenever someone finishes editing a page, that page is locked for other users for 15 minutes afterwards.

I could imagine that this might impede on whatever subroutines DokuWiki has for deleting pages.

What are our thoughts on this?
What do you think causes the failure to remove the locks, and do you have any ideas how I might fix this?

Thanks in advance,
Kira
kira_resari #7
[SOLVED] [SOLUTION]

Okay, I've managed to get it to work again.

What I did was grant "Modify" permissions to the \dokuwiki\data directory in addition to the "Write" permissions as detailed in the documentation.

Once I did that, both the page locking and the page deleting issues were instantly and simultaneously fixed.

I hope this solution will be helpful should others run into the same or similar issues.

It might also be a good idea to mention this on the relevant documentation page.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2018-12-16, 07:07:56 (UTC +01:00)