Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General Help and Support Plugins Plugin Wishlist RSS
Display images at a given scale
mforkel #1
Member since Jun 2007 · 99 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Display images at a given scale
Note: When I initially posted this as a feature request on the Syntax and Usage forum, it was suggested that I should write a feature request on GitHub. Now, on GitHub, I was advised to write a feature request for a plugin. Here we go...

As described in wiki:syntax, the display size of included images can be specified as width or width plus height. I often want to insert images, e.g. screenshots, at the same scale, not a fixed size. In order to do that, I have to first look up the original size of each image and then calculate its scaled width.

Could someone find the time to write a plugins that extends DokuWiki's syntax for image display by a scaled value, i.e. in percentage of the original size. This might look like
{{wiki:dokuwiki-128.png?50%}}
to display the image at half its original size.
Michaelsy #2
Member since Jun 2015 · 539 posts · Location: Düsseldorf, Germany
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Another functionality for scaling images

When the percent scaling of images would be realized within a plugin, then maybe the following functionality for this plugin could be considered too:

At present the downloaded size (per fetch.php) of an image is identical with its size on the screen.

For me the alternative would be nice to disjunct these two sizes. So you can define a download size on the one hand and define a screen size on the other hand.

My application for this feature: The image should have a sharp view even if the browser zoom is larger than 100% (typically 120%).

Regards - Michael Sy.
By Patreon.com a few eurons can be fed into the code phasers of
the DokuWiki engine. Besides, Andi's posts are worth reading.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2018-11-16, 21:18:54 (UTC +01:00)