Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General Help and Support Templates and Layout RSS
Different Logos in my Wiki
mdebraaf #1
Member for 2 months · 3 posts · Location: Switzerland
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Different Logos in my Wiki
I would like to achieve the possibility to have different logos is my wiki.

Based on some searching in this forum, I came up with a possible solution, however, before I start modifying my current wiki I would like to ask whether this could work or if other users have better (simpler) solutions.

1) I will create two copies of the currently used template (DokuWiki) and name these as DokuWiki1 and DokuWik2.
2) I will then create two NameSpaces (e.g. Wiki1 and Wiki2)
3) I will use the MOVE plugin to move appropriate pages to the correct NS.
4) Using the plugin LoadSkin I will then define that DokuWiki1-template will be applied to NS Wiki1 and DokuWiki2-template for NS Wiki-2
5) In the IMAGES folder of both new templates  (lib/tpl/DokuWiki1/Images) I upload the desired logos - named logo.png.
6) I then remove (my initial personal) logo.png in the lib/images folder. I guess as of then, the standard DokuWiki icon will then be shown again.

The question is: will this have the desired effect? When I view pages in NS1, will the logo be the logo.png file uploaded in the Images folder of the template used for NS1?

When different templates with LoadSin, when I want to tweak the TEMPLATE STYLE SETTINGS, how can I tweak the template used for a specific NameSpace?
Michaelsy #2
Member since Jun 2015 · 539 posts · Location: Düsseldorf, Germany
The question is: will this have the desired effect?

With two different namespaces, templates and the Loadskin plugin you can surely achieve what you want.

The assignments between the namespaces and the templates are made via settings of the LoadSkin plugin.

Do you know the farming option of DokuWiki? Maybe interesting for you.

Feedback welcome
    - Michael Sy.
By Patreon.com a few eurons can be fed into the code phasers of
the DokuWiki engine. Besides, Andi's posts are worth reading.
This post was edited on 2018-09-20, 11:05 by Michaelsy.
mdebraaf #3
Hi Michael,

thanks for your feedback. I will certainly look into the possibilities of the farming option.

regards, Michael
Michaelsy #4
Member since Jun 2015 · 539 posts · Location: Düsseldorf, Germany
In reply to post #1
Quote by mdebraaf:
When different templates with LoadSin, when I want to tweak the TEMPLATE STYLE SETTINGS, how can I tweak the template used for a specific NameSpace?

Adjustments are stored in the conf directory as conf/tpl/<tpl>/style.ini and will be kept when the template or the whole wiki is upgraded.
See: https://www.dokuwiki.org/plugin:styling

Moreover via conf/tpl/<tpl>/style.ini you can include your own template dependent stylesheets / CSS-Files.

HTH - Michael Sy.
By Patreon.com a few eurons can be fed into the code phasers of
the DokuWiki engine. Besides, Andi's posts are worth reading.
mdebraaf #5
Hi Michael,

Thanks for this info: perfect. I will try this out.

thanks, Michael.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2018-11-16, 21:18:28 (UTC +01:00)