Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: Offtopic Chit Chat RSS
Semantic Wiki, Objects
Do You guys know about such a wiki or groupware or knowledge base system?
forcemaker #1
Member since Jan 2008 · 1 post · Location: Deutschland
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Semantic Wiki, Objects
Hi,

I am familiar to DokuWiki for more than 6 months and I like it very much. But my personal needs go to other directions:

I am looking for a Wiki Software or groupware or knowledge base system which can do following:

I would like to create "objects" in my Wiki. An object can be a letter that came today. Since I am writing down when important letters came in (bills and stuff) I drop a line in my daily protocol. With this line I create an object of the type "letter" or so.

While creating this object I also use some kind of semantic, e.g. by defining a date the letter arived and so on.

Now, I can put the object "letter" into a todo namespace where I can "do more".

If You got an idea about what I am looking for... well, I hope anybody understood my explanations, at all... so do You know about such a software?

I am sorry if I am impolite by asking for any other wiki software here, at the DokuWiki-Forum, but I guess that the people here have got some experiences at all. Maybe anybody could share with me?

Nice to hear from You in the future!
 - forcemaker
mchelen #2
Member since Oct 2008 · 3 posts
Maybe the Semantic extension for MediaWiki is what you are looking for? http://semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Semantic_MediaWiki
It is the best / only semantic wiki that I'm aware of.

Would it be possible to integrate such a feature with DokuWiki?

I am also interested in using a semantic wiki platform, and combining these features with DokuWiki would be ideal.
This post was edited on 2008-10-05, 03:42 by mchelen.
andi (Administrator) #3
User title: splitbrain
Member since May 2006 · 3471 posts · Location: Berlin Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
In reply to post #1
Quote by forcemaker on 2008-01-04, 18:54:
I am sorry if I am impolite by asking for any other wiki software here, at the DokuWiki-Forum,

I suggest to ask in the WikiMatrix.org forums instead.
Read this if you don't get any useful answers.
Lies dies wenn du keine hilfreichen Antworten bekommst.
mchelen #4
Member since Oct 2008 · 3 posts
Thanks for the link, that's a great site (and they are using dokuwiki!) which can allow for searches for wikis that include text based data support. There didn't seem to be any way to search for semantic features, do you know of any other wikis with such a feature that use text file data system like DokuWiki?
It seems like a semantic internal system and RDF output could be brought to DokuWiki through plugins, is anyone currently pursuing this?
andi (Administrator) #5
User title: splitbrain
Member since May 2006 · 3471 posts · Location: Berlin Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Quote by mchelen:
It seems like a semantic internal system and RDF output could be brought to DokuWiki through plugins, is anyone currently pursuing this?

Did you have a look at the data plugin? http://www.dokuwiki.org/plugin:data
Read this if you don't get any useful answers.
Lies dies wenn du keine hilfreichen Antworten bekommst.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-08-25, 17:55:47 (UTC +02:00)