Forum: General Help and Support Features and Functionality RSS
[[SOLVED]] search ignores other namespaces
asheenlevrai #1
Member since Nov 2012 · 190 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: [[SOLVED]] search ignores other namespaces
Hello everyone :)

Running Release 2018-04-22a "Greebo" here with all plugins up to date.

Now when we perform a search using a searchform (either the one on the top right or one that was added on a given page using the corresponding syntax), DW only returns what it finds in the ROOT namespace and ignores all other namespaces. Even if the search originates from a page that is located within a non-root namespace.

No changes have been made to the configuration and search_nslimit is still set to 0 (although increasing this value has no effect on the outcome of searches).

I don't know what can have gone wrong or how to troubleshoot this.

Any advice is very welcome.

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Best,
-a-
This post was edited 3 times, last on 2018-10-30, 08:36 by asheenlevrai.
Michaelsy #2
Member since Jun 2015 · 569 posts · Location: Düsseldorf, Germany
Quote by asheenlevrai:
DW only returns what it finds in the ROOT namespace and ignores all other namespaces.

What I understand by this statement, I can not reproduce it on a test system.

What exactly do you mean? Please give an example of a search string and describe:
a) the expected behavior
b) the actual behavior
By Patreon.com a few eurons can be fed into the code phasers of
the DokuWiki engine. Besides, Andi's posts are worth reading.
asheenlevrai #3
Quote by Michaelsy on 2018-10-26, 18:46:
Quote by asheenlevrai:
DW only returns what it finds in the ROOT namespace and ignores all other namespaces.

What I understand by this statement, I can not reproduce it on a test system.

What exactly do you mean? Please give an example of a search string and describe:
a) the expected behavior
b) the actual behavior

Hello :)

Thanks for the swift answer.

So. Our wiki is divided into multiple namespaces:
 - (root): contains most of the "regular pages", including the welcome page.
 - plasmids: contains all pages related to plasmids (that's a biological thing): most pages are named as "pXXXX" where Xs are numbers
 - primers contains all pages related to primers (another biological thing): most pages are named as tacXXXX where Xs are numbers
 - ETC... we have another 2-3 namespaces containing pages related to a specific topic.

When we search for anything (let's say "DNA" for instance. DW used to output all pages named or containing the searched term (here "DNA"). Now when we do the same it only outputs pages named or containing the searched term (here "DNA") that are located into the root namespace.

Now Iif for instance we perform a search like tac006897, that corresponds to a page in the primer namespace, DW now finds nothing. This is "expected" since there's no page in root containing this term. Same thing for anything that is expected to be found in another namespace (line p1300 or something like that).

This behavior is identical if we place the search from a searchform present on a page that is located on any one of those namespaces (for instance a searchform that would be inserted in the page p100 or tac001999)... In the past it was different, obviously.

Thank you for your help.
Best,
-a-
Michaelsy #4
Take a look at: https://www.dokuwiki.org/faq:searchindex
asheenlevrai #5
Quote by Michaelsy:

Thank you so much!!

Indeed rebuilding the searchindex from the admin page seems to solve the problem.

Have a GREAT day !

Best,
-a-
asheenlevrai #6
Quote by asheenlevrai:
Quote by Michaelsy:

Thank you so much!!

Indeed rebuilding the searchindex from the admin page seems to solve the problem.

Have a GREAT day !

Best,
-a-

I spoke too fast.
After updating the index the search results improved a lot but there are still many (many) pages that seem not to be indexed since they don't show up in the search results.

For instance, now if I search for "tac0066" which should output 100 pages from tac006600 to tac006699 I only get 6 pages in the results (from tac006620 to tac006626). the same is true for any other search I make. I now get some results but many are missing.

Should I rebuild the index instead of updating it?
I guess this is going to be very long (we have 7000+ pages).

Or could it be that the searchindex manager doesn't find all the pages? Thus some of them are not indexed?

I also notice that even if I visit some of the pages manually, these do not seem to be indexed....

Thoughts?

Best,
-a-
Michaelsy #7
Should I rebuild the index instead of updating it? I guess this is going to be very long (we have 7000+ pages).

Yes sure. As far as I understand the history of your circumstances , your index is definitely corrupted . So you have to rebuild it .
asheenlevrai #8
Quote by Michaelsy:
Should I rebuild the index instead of updating it? I guess this is going to be very long (we have 7000+ pages).

Yes sure. As far as I understand the history of your circumstances , your index is definitely corrupted . So you have to rebuild it .

Tx :)

rebuilding it indeed seemed to solve the issue.
Best,
-a-
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2018-12-14, 22:49:23 (UTC +01:00)