Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General Help and Support Syntax and Usage RSS
Batch upload through FTP of new Namespaces and Pages
estonehenge #1
Member since Jul 2016 · 3 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Batch upload through FTP of new Namespaces and Pages
I have a lot of information that I would like to batch upload to my DokuWiki.
I would like to create new Namespaces and Pages by uploading the folders and files to the appropriate locations in my data pages folder.
So far I have not been able to find any information on how to get the pages to show in the wiki once i upload them.

I have found some information about running indexer.php to create indexing on the uploaded files however I have a hosted site and do not have access to command line.

So how do I get the uploaded pages to show in the wiki?
pop #2
Member since Nov 2016 · 49 posts
Try clicking on the sitemap. They should show up there.
estonehenge #3
Member since Jul 2016 · 3 posts
Yesterday I spent about a few hours testing by uploading text files to various locations in the pages and sub directories of pages folders.
I could not see them in the sitemap; thus my research on the web for a solution and the posting today.

I just tried again to upload and check through sitemap.

Today it works like a champ.

I apologize for the posting; I cannot see any difference between what i did yesterday and today.

Thank you for your help.
schplurtz (Moderator) #4
Member since Nov 2009 · 314 posts · Location: France, Finistère
Group memberships: Global Moderators, Members
Even if the sitemap is correctly working, the content of the newly ftp-uploaded pages is not indexed. These pages will not appear in the search results until they are visited.

You should use the searchindex plugin to make sure all pages are properly indexed.
http://schplurtz.free.fr/wiki/
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2018-12-16, 07:28:52 (UTC +01:00)